- Listed: 06/27/2014 1:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
AGC’s High Performance Fluon®ETFE Film Used in the National Stadium at the Singapore Sports Hub
Date: Jun 27, 2014
Source: Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, June 27, 2014 – AGC, a world-leading manufacturer of glass, chemicals and high-tech materials, announced today that its fluoropolymer product, Fluon®ETFE Film, has been used in the newly constructed 55,000-capacity National Stadium in Singapore.
Located within the Singapore Sports Hub, the largest sports and entertainment complex in Singapore, the National Stadium is a state-of-art, multi-purpose facility with a retractable roof. The approximately 20,000 square meters of the movable rooftop is covered with 0.15mm to 0.25mm-thick Fluon®ETFE Film, lightweight and flexible fluoropolymer film, which helped to significantly reduce the weight load of the roof. The film also allows a considerable amount of light to pass through it, enabling nighttime illumination effects to amplify the visual experience of visitors.
AGC’s Fluon®ETFE Film is made from a thermoplastic fluoropolymer developed and manufactured by AGC. The film features excellent transparency and resistance to heat, chemicals and weather. It also boasts strong electrical insulation and non-sticking properties, and has a variety of applications in areas such as electronics, solar cells, wallpaper and greenhouses. In recent years, the material has been attracting global attention as a high-performance building material and has been used extensively in world-class sporting and exposition venues, with notable examples including Russia’s Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi for the Winter Games, Munich’s Allianz Arena and Brazil’s Itaipava Arena Pernambuco where 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ matches are being held.
In Southeast Asia, the National Stadium of Singapore has become the first large-sized stadium utilizing Fluon®ETFE Film.
Leveraging its long-established fluorochemical technology, AGC will continue to take part in global events, and help create comfortable living spaces for the people around the world.
Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Contact: Tomoko Komazaki; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: email@example.com
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Nippon Sharyo, Ltd. – Manufacturing Railroad Vehicles For More Than 110 Years
- Manufacturing bedding products from fishing line – airweave inc.
- KOFLOC – Flow Meters Manufacturer
- Maikoya Osaka
- YASKAWA Electric Corporation – Manufacturer of Servos, Machine Controllers, AC Motor Drives, Switches and Robots
Top Ads Today
- SEKISUI NANO COAT TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd. - Textile Manufacturer (7 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (7 views)
- Unicharm Corporation - Manufacturing of Diapers, Feminine Hygiene and Pet Care Products (7 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (6 views)
- i-com's Co., Ltd. (4 views)
- Fukushima Industries Corp. - Commercial Refrigerators and Freezers (4 views)
- Japanese Infrastructure company - Hitachi Zosen Corporation (4 views)
- MUSCLE Corporation - Motion Control Systems Specialist (4 views)
- TAKEMOTO OIL & FAT CO., LTD. - Chemicals and Sesame Products Manufacturer (4 views)
- Milk and Dairy Products Manufacturer - Minami Nihon Rakuno Kyodo Co., Ltd. (4 views)