- Listed: 06/27/2014 1:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
AGC’s High Performance Fluon®ETFE Film Used in the National Stadium at the Singapore Sports Hub
Date: Jun 27, 2014
Source: Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, June 27, 2014 – AGC, a world-leading manufacturer of glass, chemicals and high-tech materials, announced today that its fluoropolymer product, Fluon®ETFE Film, has been used in the newly constructed 55,000-capacity National Stadium in Singapore.
Located within the Singapore Sports Hub, the largest sports and entertainment complex in Singapore, the National Stadium is a state-of-art, multi-purpose facility with a retractable roof. The approximately 20,000 square meters of the movable rooftop is covered with 0.15mm to 0.25mm-thick Fluon®ETFE Film, lightweight and flexible fluoropolymer film, which helped to significantly reduce the weight load of the roof. The film also allows a considerable amount of light to pass through it, enabling nighttime illumination effects to amplify the visual experience of visitors.
AGC’s Fluon®ETFE Film is made from a thermoplastic fluoropolymer developed and manufactured by AGC. The film features excellent transparency and resistance to heat, chemicals and weather. It also boasts strong electrical insulation and non-sticking properties, and has a variety of applications in areas such as electronics, solar cells, wallpaper and greenhouses. In recent years, the material has been attracting global attention as a high-performance building material and has been used extensively in world-class sporting and exposition venues, with notable examples including Russia’s Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi for the Winter Games, Munich’s Allianz Arena and Brazil’s Itaipava Arena Pernambuco where 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ matches are being held.
In Southeast Asia, the National Stadium of Singapore has become the first large-sized stadium utilizing Fluon®ETFE Film.
Leveraging its long-established fluorochemical technology, AGC will continue to take part in global events, and help create comfortable living spaces for the people around the world.
Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Contact: Tomoko Komazaki; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2028 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Asahi Sanso Company Inc.
- Japanese CEO’s Firm Receives President’s E Award for Exporting
- Asahi Glass’s strengthened glass to be used for player benches for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
- Komatsu Cutting Factory & Diamond Industry – Applying Diamond-Cutting Technology to Pearls
- Japan will boost GPS accuracy to about 1-3 centimeters of error instead of up to 10 meters currently
Top Ads Today
- Takaha Kiko Co., Ltd. - Solenoid Manufacturer (37 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (25 views)
- RUMI JAPAN - Seafood Processing Industry and Wholesaler (20 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (18 views)
- Japanese Handmade Stuffed Animal Store - NINI & QUINO (12 views)
- Seiko Coffee Co., Ltd. - We deliver fresh roasted coffee from Japan (9 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (9 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (7 views)
- Twinbird Corporation - FPSC - New Cooling/Refrigeration System (7 views)
- Taisei Plas Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of blow molding products for automobile (7 views)