- Listed: 06/27/2014 1:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
AGC’s High Performance Fluon®ETFE Film Used in the National Stadium at the Singapore Sports Hub
Date: Jun 27, 2014
Source: Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, June 27, 2014 – AGC, a world-leading manufacturer of glass, chemicals and high-tech materials, announced today that its fluoropolymer product, Fluon®ETFE Film, has been used in the newly constructed 55,000-capacity National Stadium in Singapore.
Located within the Singapore Sports Hub, the largest sports and entertainment complex in Singapore, the National Stadium is a state-of-art, multi-purpose facility with a retractable roof. The approximately 20,000 square meters of the movable rooftop is covered with 0.15mm to 0.25mm-thick Fluon®ETFE Film, lightweight and flexible fluoropolymer film, which helped to significantly reduce the weight load of the roof. The film also allows a considerable amount of light to pass through it, enabling nighttime illumination effects to amplify the visual experience of visitors.
AGC’s Fluon®ETFE Film is made from a thermoplastic fluoropolymer developed and manufactured by AGC. The film features excellent transparency and resistance to heat, chemicals and weather. It also boasts strong electrical insulation and non-sticking properties, and has a variety of applications in areas such as electronics, solar cells, wallpaper and greenhouses. In recent years, the material has been attracting global attention as a high-performance building material and has been used extensively in world-class sporting and exposition venues, with notable examples including Russia’s Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi for the Winter Games, Munich’s Allianz Arena and Brazil’s Itaipava Arena Pernambuco where 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ matches are being held.
In Southeast Asia, the National Stadium of Singapore has become the first large-sized stadium utilizing Fluon®ETFE Film.
Leveraging its long-established fluorochemical technology, AGC will continue to take part in global events, and help create comfortable living spaces for the people around the world.
Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Contact: Tomoko Komazaki; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Precision System Science Co., Ltd. – Supporting Worldwide IVD Market
- Sumitomo to build largest biomass power plant in Japan. It’s enough to power 20,000 standard households
- AQUAPASS Co., Ltd. – Ultrasonic cleaning machine for precision equipments
- Turkish Prime Minister Attended to the Ceremony for the Delivery of the Satellite
- Only in Japan: a smartphone-controlled toilet – Matthew Humphries
Top Ads Today
- Industrial Machinery & Equipment Supplier - Mutsuura Honten Co., Ltd. (33 views)
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. - A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer (26 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (20 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (17 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (16 views)
- Nitto Construction Inc. - Concrete Test Hammer (13 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (13 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (12 views)
- Parama-Tech Co., Ltd. - The World's First Automatic Sphygmomanometer (11 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (11 views)