- Listed: 01/12/2013 10:26 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Written by: Rachel Arandilla – May 1 2011
It’s been more than a month since the devastating 8.9 magnitude earthquake and tsunami hit Japan. It is one of the most devastating natural disasters of the century, having caused thousands of deaths to our brothers and sisters in Japan.
On a lighter side, let us remember what the crazy creative Japanese brought to the world. They are innovators, not imitators. One great difference I saw between Western and Japanese package and product design is the amount of energy and life found in the latter. Most Western packaging appeared limited, merely ‘contained’ on the canvas or package. Whereas Japanese design is more alive, spirited and energetic. Japanese packaging is created not to just contain the product, but has a unique soul of its own. It’s easy to tell–most of the packaging and product designs are based on nature and all things cute. In fact, they go through lengths to add tiny details like faces, eyes and smiles to products to make it more ‘kawaii’. Charming mascots, sweet characters and happy faces definitely sell in the company, and cute characters will definitely lure consumers into buying their products.
Top Ads Today
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (96 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (51 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (50 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (48 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (34 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (31 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (31 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (30 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (28 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (28 views)