- Company Name: Aki Corporation
- City/Town/Village: Kunisaki
- Street: 3209-2 Tomikiyocho Aki
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 873-0355
- Website: http://d-torsoshop.com/
- Listed: 02/08/2013 5:16 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The d-torso is originally invented by Aki Co.Ltd in Japan. It started with a paperboard mannequin for the cloths and has produced miniature animals, life size animals, robots, disney characters, cloth hanger etc. They are all designed by Yuki Matsuoka, the chief disigner, and his team. They are all made of the cardboard paper.
In the design phase, we devide the animal or the character by 3 dimensions in the computer, and slice them into cardboard pieces which you can reassemble. Assembling process is just like to breathe life into the cardboard. You will notice how detail it is designed.
Laser cut technology
d-torso are cardboard craft figures created by Aki Co., Ltd. in which an original system is used in a similar way to a CT scan, in order to cut and break a 3D image for a later reassembly. Each piece of the figure is cut by a highly precise laser machine, which makes the assembling process very simple, since no extra elements are needed (scissors or glue).
The main material used for our creations is cardboard and our works are being exhibited and commercialised as eco-friendly products in several museums and design shops both in Japan and internationally. All the process (design, prototype, production) is controlled by computer, so we can design in short preiod of time. All the parts are cut by laser machine, so the parts can be any material (paper, wood, plastic, metal etc.). Especiall paper can have variety of types and colors, so that can be numerous variations.
You can purchase d-torso’s products from site below, and check the special deal!
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (50 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (21 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (16 views)
- LaserTech 2013 in YOKOHAMA JAPAN Oct 16-18, 2013 (16 views)
- Organic Potato Chips "Manna Chips" - Pure Seaweed & Salt to maximize its "UMAMI" (15 views)
- Manufacturing bedding products from fishing line - airweave inc. (14 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (14 views)
- Seasonings manufacturer - Ajinomoto Co., Inc. (13 views)
- Saga Bisou Co., Ltd. (11 views)
- Manufacturing wires, cables, metal products - Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (11 views)