- Company Name: Aki Corporation
- City/Town/Village: Kunisaki
- Street: 3209-2 Tomikiyocho Aki
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 873-0355
- Japan Office: Oita
- Website: http://d-torsoshop.com/
- Listed: 02/08/2013 5:16 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The d-torso is originally invented by Aki Co.Ltd in Japan. It started with a paperboard mannequin for the cloths and has produced miniature animals, life size animals, robots, disney characters, cloth hanger etc. They are all designed by Yuki Matsuoka, the chief disigner, and his team. They are all made of the cardboard paper.
In the design phase, we devide the animal or the character by 3 dimensions in the computer, and slice them into cardboard pieces which you can reassemble. Assembling process is just like to breathe life into the cardboard. You will notice how detail it is designed.
Laser cut technology
d-torso are cardboard craft figures created by Aki Co., Ltd. in which an original system is used in a similar way to a CT scan, in order to cut and break a 3D image for a later reassembly. Each piece of the figure is cut by a highly precise laser machine, which makes the assembling process very simple, since no extra elements are needed (scissors or glue).
The main material used for our creations is cardboard and our works are being exhibited and commercialised as eco-friendly products in several museums and design shops both in Japan and internationally. All the process (design, prototype, production) is controlled by computer, so we can design in short preiod of time. All the parts are cut by laser machine, so the parts can be any material (paper, wood, plastic, metal etc.). Especiall paper can have variety of types and colors, so that can be numerous variations.
Our Website : d-torsoshop.com
4747 total views, 7 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- AGC to Reduce by Six Times(80 million tons) Annual CO2 Emissions in 2020
- Chikusui Canycom Inc. – We are exporting rubber track carriers to 30 countries in the world.
- Yamashita Kogyosho Co., Ltd. – Sheet Metal Processing
- Protected: Daiichi Fab Tech Co., Ltd. – Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Japan’s economy grew at the fastest pace since 2011 in the first quarter