- Listed: 06/14/2014 12:13 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Hitachi Automotive Systems Renews Focus on Autonomous Driving Teams up with Clarion to Speed Development of an Advanced Driver Assistance System Using ADAS-based Integrated Control
Date: Jun 11, 2014
Source: Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
Tokyo, Japan, June 11, 2014 — Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. today announced that it is joining forces with Clarion Co., Ltd., one of the Hitachi Automotive Systems group companies, to accelerate development of an advanced driver assistance system that exploits ADAS-based integrated control (ADAS: Advanced Driver Assistance System). The goal is to help car manufacturers make self-driving vehicles a reality.
Cars and other road vehicles face a long list of challenges. For example, a need is felt for cars that reduce environmental impact, reduce traffic accidents, eliminate and alleviate traffic congestion, improve driving comfort, and offer assist transportation of seniors, etc.. Car makers are responding by speeding up the development of automatic driving technologies with increased focus on pragmatic solutions.
The development of a highly advanced driver assistance system for upgrading car performance is indispensable for enabling car makers to make real-world autonomous driving possible. Hitachi Automotive Systems is known as an innovative force behind realizing such a system. As basic units for building the system, the company owns a broad inventory of high-tech electronic and power products in the recognition, control and power fields, including stereo cameras and other outside recognition sensors, electronic control devices, drive actuators, and electric power train components. On top of this, Clarion is an expert in on-board camera-based outside recognition sensor technology, HMI (Human Machine Interface), and communication units. The companies aim to accelerate the development of an advanced driver assistance system by interconnecting these constituent units through an on-board network and implementing optimum integrated control using an ADAS control unit. In addition, the analysis and real-time information capabilities of Clarion’s cloud information network service will be exploited in combination with other information technologies to strengthen the appeal of the system to car makers as an advanced system offering intelligent driver assistance.
This is not the first time the two companies have collaborated on autonomous driving technology. They previously developed an automatic parking system that combines Clarion’s image recognition technology with Hitachi Automotive System actuators and vehicle control equipment. Among the outstanding features of the system are that the number of components is held down by installing cameras for exterior viewing at only four locations, and that car installation is made a more attractive option by using existing SurroundEye add-on design to make system building easier. The companies hope to market the system in 2018.
As a company that underpins automotive progress with on-board equipment systems, Hitachi Automotive Systems continues to help make autonomous driving a reality by exploiting the product diversity and superior electronic control system technologies of the Hitachi Automotive Systems group to offer car makers highly advanced driver assistance system solutions.
About Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company is engaged in the development, manufacture, sales and services of automotive components, transportation related components, industrial machines and systems, and offers a wide range of automotive systems including engine management systems, electric power train systems, drive control systems and car information systems. For more information, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hitachi-automotive.co.jp/en/
About Clarion Co., Ltd.
Headquartered in Japan, Clarion Co. Ltd., which has been a consolidated subsidiary of the Hitachi Group since 2006, has been an international leader in car audio and electronics since 1940. The company is engaged in the research, development, engineering, design, manufacturing, sales and marketing of mobile entertainment, navigation, infotainment, communication, safety and security products for the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, commercial fleet and heavy industry environments. Clarion has been the recipient of numerous excellence awards for design, innovation, support, manufacturing and product reliability from independent organizations. The company has marketing and sales affiliates in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia. Clarion is located on the web at www.clarion.com.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- inspec Inc – Automated Optical Inspection Systems
- Japanese Traditional “Kurume-Ori(Weave)” Clothing – Watanosato
- Japan trading firms and carmakers post record profits for fiscal 2013
- Fukuoka’s startup company “Glue Inc.” provide new video chat service that require no installation & login
- Space communications infrastructure firm – Infostellar Inc.
Top Ads Today
- Reel-to-reel Gold and Tin plating - High Conductive, Low Contact Resistance and Good Bonding & Soldering (21 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (13 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (13 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (12 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (11 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (9 views)
- NSK Ltd. - NSK Produced the First Ball Bearings Made in Japan (9 views)
- Tanihata Co., Ltd. - "Kumiko" Japanese Traditional Woodcraft Technique (8 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (8 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (7 views)