- Listed: 03/27/2013 10:33 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Honda Silicon Valley Lab and Evernote Establish New ‘Honda Innovation Award’ for App Developers
Honda to Sponsor 2013 Evernote Devcup Global Developer Program
News Source: Honda Silicon Valley Lab (HSVL)
3/10/2013 – AUSTIN, Texas
Honda Silicon Valley Lab (HSVL) and Evernote today announced plans to jointly create a new “Honda Innovation Award” category for the 2013 Evernote Devcup competition. This partnership will nurture and award the development of Evernote-integrated apps that make personal mobility more enjoyable and memorable.
HSVL, a division of Honda R&D Americas, Inc., will work closely with the highly engaged, creative Evernote Devcup community to promote open innovation for Honda products/services. Developers will have access to an HSVL experimental vehicle specially designed to incorporate app-based capabilities that enhance the in-vehicle mobility experience. Mobility-related apps developed by Evernote Devcup participants can be submitted to the newly established “Honda Innovation Award” category for award consideration.
The Evernote Devcup, which kicked off this past Sunday, is a six-month program featuring a series of in-person and virtual events that encourage developers from all over the world to create new apps on the Evernote platform.
Evernote anticipates there will be more than 2,000 participants in the 2013 Evernote Devcup who will create and submit more than 200 apps over the next several months. The Honda Innovation Award-winning team will be chosen in mid-August and then go on to compete against other category winners at the Evernote Conference Devcup finals in San Francisco in late September.
“We’re very excited to partner with Evernote in the effort to create new value and joy to our customers’ mobility experience through the development of new mobility apps,” said Nick Sugimoto, senior program director of Honda Silicon Valley Lab.
“The Evernote Devcup brings together teams from all over the world to create inspired integrations with the Evernote platform,” said Seth Hitchings, VP of Platform Strategy for Evernote. “Partnering with HSVL will give Devcup participants the very cool opportunity to develop for Honda’s concept mobility experience. We are very excited to see the what the intersection of Honda innovation and Evernote will bring to Devcup.”
More information about the Evernote Devcup including submission dates and in-person events around the globe can be found at devcup.evernote.com.
The Honda Silicon Valley Lab is a division of Honda R&D Americas, Inc., the North American research and development subsidiary of Honda R&D Co., Ltd. HSVL was established in May 2011 in Mountain View, Calif. as an open innovation lab for global Honda R&D focused on information technology. HSVL interfaces with a broad spectrum of IT innovators, from large, well established companies to small startup firms and individuals. The recent integration of Apple Siri Eyes Free into certain Honda and Acura vehicles is a recent example Honda’s effort to lead the industry in bringing new information technology into its products. For more information, please visit hondasvl.com.
Evernote is helping the world remember everything by building innovative products and services that allow individuals to capture, find and interact with their memories. Evernote apps are available on all major computer, web, mobile, and tablet platforms. For more information, please visit evernote.com.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Nittoh Sangyo Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of tea canisters with 40% share in Japan
- AGC Engineering Co., Ltd. – Chemical, Environmental and Anti-Pollution Plant Construction Services
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation – Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine
- Ohashi Engineering Co., Ltd. – Precision Sheet Metal Processing and ACF Bonding Technologies
- Marutake Sangyo Co., Ltd. – Workshop of Japanese Traditional Armors
Top Ads Today
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (12 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (12 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (10 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (8 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (8 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (7 views)
- FUJISEIKI Co., Ltd. - Sushi, Rice Ball and Noodle Making Machine (7 views)
- Selling wide variety of taiko (Japanese Drum) - Taiko Center Co., Ltd. (7 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (6 views)
- SHIMADZU Corporation - Manufacturer of Precision Instruments, Measuring Instruments, Medical Equipment and Aircraft Equipment (6 views)