- Listed: 06/09/2014 6:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vehicles equipped with safety cameras
Date: Jun 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese automakers are getting help from electronics manufacturers in their efforts to improve vehicle safety by using miniature video cameras.
JVC-KENWOOD is developing a device that can display the views on both sides of a vehicle on monitors behind the steering wheel. The images are sent from cameras attached to side mirrors that allow drivers to safely change lanes without having to turn their head.
Another device developed by Nissan Motor can display a clear image on the rear-view mirror. When passengers or baggage on the backseat block the view, the mirror becomes a monitor for the rear-view camera. Researchers at Nissan say they will continue to develop technology that uses cameras to assist drivers.
Hino Motors has introduced a new model vehicle equipped with a camera that can detect when drivers become drowsy.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (81 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (24 views)
- Kenic System, Ltd. - Develop and Manufacturing LCD Controller IC (19 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (19 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (18 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (17 views)
- Nihon Dento Kougyo Co., Ltd. - Leading Company for Electroplating in Japan (13 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (12 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (10 views)
- Seibu Giken Co.,Ltd. - We are the world leader in heat exchange for 30 years (10 views)