- Listed: 06/09/2014 6:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vehicles equipped with safety cameras
Date: Jun 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese automakers are getting help from electronics manufacturers in their efforts to improve vehicle safety by using miniature video cameras.
JVC-KENWOOD is developing a device that can display the views on both sides of a vehicle on monitors behind the steering wheel. The images are sent from cameras attached to side mirrors that allow drivers to safely change lanes without having to turn their head.
Another device developed by Nissan Motor can display a clear image on the rear-view mirror. When passengers or baggage on the backseat block the view, the mirror becomes a monitor for the rear-view camera. Researchers at Nissan say they will continue to develop technology that uses cameras to assist drivers.
Hino Motors has introduced a new model vehicle equipped with a camera that can detect when drivers become drowsy.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (10 views)
- Uzushio Electric Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of electrical equipment for ships (3 views)
- Japanese Premium Motorcycle Helmets - SHOEI Co. Ltd. (3 views)
- Japanese Traditional Bento Box and Tableware - Maturi no Eemon (3 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (3 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (2 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (2 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (2 views)
- YASKAWA Electric Corporation - Manufacturer of Servos, Machine Controllers, AC Motor Drives, Switches and Robots (2 views)
- Sanrio Co., Ltd. - Creator of popular pop icons such as Hello Kitty and Keroppi (2 views)