- Listed: 06/09/2014 6:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vehicles equipped with safety cameras
Date: Jun 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese automakers are getting help from electronics manufacturers in their efforts to improve vehicle safety by using miniature video cameras.
JVC-KENWOOD is developing a device that can display the views on both sides of a vehicle on monitors behind the steering wheel. The images are sent from cameras attached to side mirrors that allow drivers to safely change lanes without having to turn their head.
Another device developed by Nissan Motor can display a clear image on the rear-view mirror. When passengers or baggage on the backseat block the view, the mirror becomes a monitor for the rear-view camera. Researchers at Nissan say they will continue to develop technology that uses cameras to assist drivers.
Hino Motors has introduced a new model vehicle equipped with a camera that can detect when drivers become drowsy.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (27 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (12 views)
- HOTTA JAPANESE DRUM SHOP - Japanese Traditional Drum Manufacturer (10 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (9 views)
- TOTO Ltd. - World's largest toilet manufacturer (9 views)
- Organic Potato Chips "Manna Chips" - Pure Seaweed & Salt to maximize its "UMAMI" (9 views)
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (9 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (9 views)
- Dietary supplement "Spirulina" and "Organic Germanium" - Japan Algae Co., Ltd. (8 views)
- Nisshinbo Holdings Inc. (7 views)