- Listed: 05/09/2014 1:07 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japanese Companies Shift Investment To Vietnam As Thailand And China Become Less Attractive
Date: May 10, 2014
Source: International Business Times – By Sophie Song
Japanese investors are heading to Vietnam as of late, as Thailand is rocked by political instability and China becomes less attractive with rising wages. Increasing foreign capital could help Vietnam welcome a new era of productivity.
In 2013, Japanese capital flow to China dropped to $6.50 billion, less than half the $13.48 billion Japanese investment China attracted in 2012. Similarly in Thailand, in 2011 Japanese investment amounted to $7 billion, while in 2013 that number dropped to $2.5 billion, according to the Business Times, a Vietnamese newspaper.
Vietnam, on the other hand, experienced the opposite trend. Foreign investment increased from just $169 million in 2010 to $4.45 billion in 2013, including a number of high-profile projects backed by Japanese companies like the $2.8 billion Nghi Son petrochemical oil refinery, the $650 million Bridgestone’s project, and the $175 million Panasonic Industrial Devices project.
Vietnam’s chief attractions include a peaceful environment and low cost labor force, said Atsusuke Kawada, chief executive of the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).
“In Vietnam, Japanese can find the things they cannot find in other countries,” Kawada said, according to the Business Times.
“Vietnamese are very diligent and hardworking, which can be reflected in the lower numbers of workers’ days-off than in other countries,” Kawada added. “Besides, it is easy to recruit workers in Vietnam, while employers do not have to pay too high to employ workers.”
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Japan Copper-Alloy Products Increased 5.6 Percent in October, Climbing for Fourth Month
- Kimono Kyokomachi – Japanese Traditional Clothing and Crafts
- Japanese Chef Knives – Kamikoto
- Looks Like a Bicycle, Runs Like a Motorcycle – Great Gear : NHK WORLD
- nano tech 2014 – The13th International Nanotechnology Exhibition & Conference
Top Ads Today
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (37 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (31 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (29 views)
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (25 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (24 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (22 views)
- Over 600 Franchises Restaurants in Japan - Ringer Hut Co., Ltd. (18 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (18 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (16 views)
- Providing Japanese Beauty Trends - istyle Inc. (12 views)