- Listed: 07/08/2014 7:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Bankruptcies down 9.7% in Jan.-June period
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Corporate bankruptcies in Japan fell to their lowest level in 23 years between January and June. This is due to the on-going economic recovery.
Some firms went bankrupt because they were unable to find enough workers in a tightening labor market.
Analysts at private credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research say 5,073 bankruptcies were recorded in the first 6 months of the year. That’s down 9.7 percent from the same period in 2013.
The total amount of liabilities tumbled 41.4 percent to 10.4 billion dollars.
But labor shortages and rising wages put strains on many businesses, including construction companies.
Ten firms went under because they had difficulty hiring workers.
Another 10 got into financial trouble because of soaring labor costs.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (33 views)
- Nikko Kanaya Hotel - Japan's Oldest Resort Hotel and Registered as Registered Tangible Cultural Properties (20 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (8 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (8 views)
- Made in Japan clothing store - ROCOCO (7 views)
- Mitsuya Co., Ltd. – Providing the plating and finishing services since 1931 (7 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (7 views)
- Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. - a holdings group with Kirin Company and Kyowa Hakko Kirin (7 views)
- PHC Holdings Corporation - Medical Devices, Healthcare IT and Life Sciences Business (7 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (6 views)