- Listed: 07/08/2014 7:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Bankruptcies down 9.7% in Jan.-June period
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Corporate bankruptcies in Japan fell to their lowest level in 23 years between January and June. This is due to the on-going economic recovery.
Some firms went bankrupt because they were unable to find enough workers in a tightening labor market.
Analysts at private credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research say 5,073 bankruptcies were recorded in the first 6 months of the year. That’s down 9.7 percent from the same period in 2013.
The total amount of liabilities tumbled 41.4 percent to 10.4 billion dollars.
But labor shortages and rising wages put strains on many businesses, including construction companies.
Ten firms went under because they had difficulty hiring workers.
Another 10 got into financial trouble because of soaring labor costs.
Top Ads Today
- Umitron K. K. - Develop computerized sustainable aquaculture model using IoT technology (45 views)
- Fuji Kyuko Co., Ltd. - Operate transportation, tourism and amusement park near Mt. Fuji (27 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (22 views)
- Takaha Kiko Co., Ltd. - Solenoid Manufacturer (18 views)
- teamLab Inc. - Artists in various fields gathered to collaborate the natural world (12 views)
- Mori Building Co., Ltd. - Engages in the urban redevelopment activities based in Tokyo, Japan (11 views)
- Japanese Traditional Sail Canvas Bags - Matsuemon ho (10 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (9 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (9 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (9 views)