- Listed: 07/08/2014 7:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Bankruptcies down 9.7% in Jan.-June period
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Corporate bankruptcies in Japan fell to their lowest level in 23 years between January and June. This is due to the on-going economic recovery.
Some firms went bankrupt because they were unable to find enough workers in a tightening labor market.
Analysts at private credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research say 5,073 bankruptcies were recorded in the first 6 months of the year. That’s down 9.7 percent from the same period in 2013.
The total amount of liabilities tumbled 41.4 percent to 10.4 billion dollars.
But labor shortages and rising wages put strains on many businesses, including construction companies.
Ten firms went under because they had difficulty hiring workers.
Another 10 got into financial trouble because of soaring labor costs.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Nippon Telex System Co., Ltd. – Information and Communication Technology(ICT) Equipment
- Tefco Aomori Co., Ltd. – Clock Face Texture Manufacturer
- Japanese company develops technology to mass-produce ‘spider silk’ fabric
- Hydrogen Generator for Drinking Water and Bathing – M&K Technology
- WERU Investment Co., Ltd.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (17 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (17 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (17 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (13 views)
- FUJISEIKI Co., Ltd. - Sushi, Rice Ball and Noodle Making Machine (11 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (8 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (7 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (7 views)
- ORITAEN CO., LTD. - Japanese Tea Manufacturer (7 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (7 views)