- Listed: 07/08/2014 7:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Bankruptcies down 9.7% in Jan.-June period
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Corporate bankruptcies in Japan fell to their lowest level in 23 years between January and June. This is due to the on-going economic recovery.
Some firms went bankrupt because they were unable to find enough workers in a tightening labor market.
Analysts at private credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research say 5,073 bankruptcies were recorded in the first 6 months of the year. That’s down 9.7 percent from the same period in 2013.
The total amount of liabilities tumbled 41.4 percent to 10.4 billion dollars.
But labor shortages and rising wages put strains on many businesses, including construction companies.
Ten firms went under because they had difficulty hiring workers.
Another 10 got into financial trouble because of soaring labor costs.
Top Ads Today
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (96 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (51 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (50 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (48 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (34 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (31 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (31 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (30 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (28 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (28 views)