- Listed: 07/08/2014 7:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Bankruptcies down 9.7% in Jan.-June period
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Corporate bankruptcies in Japan fell to their lowest level in 23 years between January and June. This is due to the on-going economic recovery.
Some firms went bankrupt because they were unable to find enough workers in a tightening labor market.
Analysts at private credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research say 5,073 bankruptcies were recorded in the first 6 months of the year. That’s down 9.7 percent from the same period in 2013.
The total amount of liabilities tumbled 41.4 percent to 10.4 billion dollars.
But labor shortages and rising wages put strains on many businesses, including construction companies.
Ten firms went under because they had difficulty hiring workers.
Another 10 got into financial trouble because of soaring labor costs.
Top Ads Today
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (12 views)
- GROUND Inc. - Designs and Developing Cloud Based Logistics and Distribution System (12 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (12 views)
- United Arrows Ltd. - Producing popular Japanese clothing brands (11 views)
- AOKI Holdings Inc. - Expanding Apparel Business Mainly for Men's and Women's Clothing (10 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (9 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (9 views)
- Morinaga & Co., Ltd. (9 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (8 views)
- Adastria Co., Ltd. - Japan's major clothing company with 26 brands (7 views)