- Listed: 05/18/2013 4:00 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan Most Favored Nation in Poll Showing Abe Optimism
By Shamim Adam – May 17, 2013 1:16 AM PT
Investors are more confident in a Japanese leader than any time since at least September 2010, with optimism about Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s policies exceeding that for counterparts in the U.S., Europe and China.
The number of respondents who are more optimistic than pessimistic on the impact of Abe’s plans on Japan’s investment climate rose to 66 percent this month from 54 percent in January, a worldwide poll of investors, analysts and traders who are Bloomberg subscribers showed. Japan offers one of the top two opportunities globally in the next year, according to 33 percent of respondents, up from 21 percent and beating China for the first time in surveys dating back to 2009.
Graphic: Bloomberg Global Poll Results
Most in the survey see an end to the deflation entrenched in Japan for more than a decade, as Abe and central bank chief Haruhiko Kuroda apply monetary and fiscal stimulus. At the same time, a minority of 34 percent saw Abenomics delivering both inflation and faster domestic growth, heightening focus on the government’s structural-reform agenda to be unveiled next month.
“Abe bought time and succeeded in changing people’s minds” about Japan’s potential, said respondent Ai Sato, a stock trader at Nissay Asset Management in Tokyo. “We’re seeing the effects of this “sake” through foreign investors increasing Japanese exposure,” she said, using a reference to traditional rice wine for the liquidity being injected by the Bank of Japan.
The optimism rating for Abe’s policies is higher than any leader ever tested, even Germany’s Angela Merkel, who has long been at the top on this question.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Kajiwara Inc. – Food Processing & Confectionery Machines
- Hitachi teams up with Clarion to speed development of advanced driver assistance system
- Sony will soon launch two “lens-cameras” for iPhone, Android and Xperia
- Panasonic provide Stand-Alone Solar Power Container for support educational development to elementary school in Indonesian island
- Shiraishi Iron Works Co., Ltd. – We are manufacturing a various types of tank
Top Ads Today
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (23 views)
- Yuki Precision Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of precision machined parts (7 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (6 views)
- Marutake Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Workshop of Japanese Traditional Armors (4 views)
- Air Purifiers - Sharp's Plasmacluster (4 views)
- TOYO Stainless Polish Industry - Metal Polishing & Buffing Services (4 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (4 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (4 views)
- ISHIBASHI Manufacturing Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of Precision Gearbox and Wind Gearbox (4 views)
- Japanese Dry Noodle since 1935 - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (3 views)