- Listed: 07/27/2014 12:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan Pledges $5m in Aid to Gaza Strip Amidst Fears Egypt is Blocking Supply Trucks
Date: Jul 26, 2014
Source: International Business Times – by Tabatha Kinder
Japan will give $5.5m (£3.2m) in emergency humanitarian aid to residents of the Gaza Strip, it has been announced.
The number of casualties in the small self-governing enclave is growing each day as the result of fighting between Israel and Hamas militants. The Gaza death toll passed 840 on Friday ‒ the eighteenth consecutive day of fighting.
Food and medicine is expected to be sent through Unicef and other international agencies to Palestinians from Japanese authorities.
Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida says Japan “has to respond to the situation as many people are being killed and injured”.
Kishida also called on all-parties to work together towards a ceasefire.
Japan is the latest country to commit to provide aid to the tens of thousands of Palestinians who have been forced from their homes since war broke out earlier this month.
The US is sending $47m (£28m) in aid to the Gaza Strip, with $15m of that amount going directly to the United Nations’ refugee mission in Gaza.
The UK pledged last Tuesday to give more than £5m ($8.4m) in emergency support to Gaza.
1649 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- TAKEMOTO OIL & FAT CO., LTD. – Chemicals and Sesame Products Manufacturer
- Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s aggressive policies are forging an escape from deflation
- DNAVEC Corporation – Gene Medicines, Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicines
- JAPAN JEWELLERY FAIR (JJF) 2013, August 27-29 in Tokyo
- Honda Silicon Valley Lab and Evernote Establish New ‘Honda Innovation Award’ for App Developers