- Listed: 03/20/2014 10:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan to provide hybrid vehicles worth Rs 490 million
Date: Mar 20, 2014
Source: Business Recorder by Imaduddin
ISLAMABAD: The Government of Japan will provide hybrid vehicles worth Rs 490 million to Pakistan for improving capabilities of law enforcement agencies in the country.
An agreement to this effect was signed between Ambassador of Japan to Pakistan, Hiroshi Inomata and Secretary Economic Affairs Division, Nargis Sethi here on Thursday.
This assistance is provided in the form of Japan’s Non-Project Grant Aid (NPGA), promotion of socio-economic development efforts in developing countries by providing foreign currency for the import of necessary goods or commodities.
The Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Communications have submitted their requests to procure hybrid vehicles under this NPGA for the police agencies under their umbrella.
Further details of the procurement will be determined between the Japanese and Pakistani counterparts.
Speaking on the occasion, Japanese Ambassador, Inomata said that security enhancement is indispensable for successful socio-economic development in Pakistan and the Government of Japan remains committed to improving capabilities of law enforcement agencies in Pakistan.
He said that in the field of security and law enforcement, the Government of Japan, through Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), has provided training opportunities to around 50 Pakistani police officers for the last ten years.
The Ambassador said that the officers were provided training in areas such as forensic science, drug control and terrorism investigation.
In 2013, Japan also agreed to install cargo and vehicle scanning devices at three international airports in Pakistan, he added.
In addition, JICA is currently conducting a feasibility study for improvement of container cargo inspection at the two international ports in Karachi, he added.
He informed that from the environmental point of view, hybrid vehicles use less fuel and emit less greenhouse effect gases than conventional cars adding that the latest hybrid vehicles from Japan are expected not only to enable the Pakistani police agencies to reduce fuel costs for their daily operations, but also to help the Pakistan to address environmental challenges.
“Our generation has to take concrete actions to address global warming and this NPGA is a part of Japan’s recent commitment to provide US$ 16 billion between 2013 and 2015 for mitigation and adaptation efforts in developing countries worldwide”, he added.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- In Japan, vegetable factories market size is expected to reach 15.2 billion yen ($14.9 million) in 2018
- O-GPS1 GPS UNIT – PENTAX
- Japan major electric appliances retailers expect higher profits this year
- Japan Restaurant sales were up 2.3% in April from the same month last year
- Japan Display Start Shipping Module for Ultra-High Resolution 4K2K LCD of Tablets
Top Ads Today
- Industrial Machinery & Equipment Supplier - Mutsuura Honten Co., Ltd. (34 views)
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. - A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer (33 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (29 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (20 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (19 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (19 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (18 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (17 views)
- Nitto Construction Inc. - Concrete Test Hammer (16 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (15 views)