- Listed: 04/29/2014 10:16 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Govt. promoting the power of women
Date: Apr. 28, 2014
Source: NHK World
The Japanese government is stepping up its efforts to tap the power of women as part of its growth strategy. Officials are considering requiring large companies to disclose the percentages of women on their boards of directors.
The government aim is to get businesses to fill some 30 percent of their managerial posts with women by 2020. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says empowering women is key to Japan’s future.
Currently, only 1 percent of the board members at listed companies in Japan are women, lagging far behind France’s 28 percent and the United States’ 16 percent.
To encourage executives to promote more women, the government is looking at requiring the publication of percentages of female board members in financial reports to facilitate comparison between companies.
Government officials say they hope to include the requirement in a new growth strategy to be compiled by June.
1265 total views, 11 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- AOKEN Corporation
- Saga Kensa Service – Ultrasonic Testing for Concrete
- Japanese Traditional Bento Box and Tableware – Maturi no Eemon
- Aoyagi Corporation
- Japan Pavilion at the 2013 BIO International Convention
Top Ads Today
- Japanese Traditional Bento Box and Tableware - Maturi no Eemon (85 views)
- SHIMADZU Corporation - Manufacturer of Precision Instruments, Measuring Instruments, Medical Equipment and Aircraft Equipment (54 views)
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (48 views)
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of flat glass, automotive glass, display, and variety glass products (48 views)
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd. - Aircraft, Special Purpose Truck, Fluid, Parking Systems, and Industrial Machinery Systems (47 views)
- Edamame Mix - Steamed Organic Beans Products. Good for Vegan too! (46 views)
- TAISEI Corporation - Engineering and Construction Services (45 views)
- Fuji Oil Co., Ltd. - Developing and Manufacturing the Food Ingredients (43 views)
- Japan's solar power generation will grow to $19.6 billion in FY2013 (42 views)
- Nitto Construction Inc. - Concrete Test Hammer (39 views)