- Listed: 01/08/2014 2:29 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japanese subway cars delivered to Washington
Date: Jan 7 2014
Source: NHK WORLD
Japanese subway cars will soon be running in Washington DC. Kawasaki Heavy Industries delivered 4 of its latest-model cars on Monday at a ceremony at a suburban station in the US capital.
Washington transit officials are buying new subway cars to replace old rolling stock and for use on new lines. Kawasaki is the first Japanese firm to win an order from the city’s subway operator.
Mayor Vincent Gray said he welcomes the delivery as part of Washington’s efforts to meet the needs of its growing population. It’s expected to rise by 250,000 in the next 20 years.
The new subway cars use stainless steel for increased structural strength.
They also have more space near the doors for wheelchairs. Kawasaki will deliver a total of 528 cars over the next 4 years.
Japanese train makers are gaining a larger US market share amid increasing demand for new cars to replace old rolling stock.
Kawasaki Executive Officer Hiroji Iwasaki said he is proud to be able to provide subway cars to Washington. He said the company hopes to help subway operators in other American cities replace old rolling stock.
1218 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Japan companies eyes Southeast Asia for developing food market
- The Second Opening of Japan – Commentary by Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan
- Twinbird Corporation – FPSC – New Cooling/Refrigeration System
- TDC Corporation – Our techniques are highly appreciated in space engineering field
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. – Shochu Manufacturer