- Listed: 07/17/2014 3:50 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Komatsu Supports Human Resource Development Project in Liberia by the Japanese Government and UNIDO
Date: Jul 17, 2014
Source: Komatsu Ltd.
Komatsu Ltd. (hereinafter “Komatsu“) (President and CEO: Tetsuji Ohashi) has been supporting the “Plan to Create Employment Opportunities for Youth in the Mining, Construction and Agriculture Sectors,” (hereinafter the “Plan”) financed by the Japanese government and managed by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). The Plan has recently opened a center for vocational skills, which will play the role of a headquarters.
Komatsu supports this Project as part of its efforts for social contributions through human resource development, one of the areas of focus for its CSR activities. By capitalizing on its experience in human resource development through its business operations, Komatsu plans to support start-up operations mainly by receiving participants for its instructor of construction machine operators’ training in Japan, dispatching instructors from Japan and supplying materials and equipment. Komatsu will also support the Plan in collaboration with its local distributor.
Background of the Plan
Two civil wars continued in the Republic of Liberia, located in the central part of West Africa, until around 2003. Today, under the leadership of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, the first popularly elected female president in Africa and a Nobel laureate, the Liberian government has been promoting peace processes. The Liberian economy has been picking up momentum for growth centering on the development of natural resources and infrastructure, sustaining over 9% year-on-year growth on average since 2008. The Japanese government has positioned Liberia as a country of focus for its Consolidation of Peace initiative and has given support mainly in the areas of infrastructure development and human resource development.
The Japanese government has been involved in the Plan, as a financer since May 2013. The Plan has been managed by UNIDO,which has requested assistance from Komatsu. Because the Plan adheres to its policy of contributing to society through human resource development, Komatsu has accepted the request.
Outline of the Center
Name: Japan Heavy Equipment Operator School(JHEOS)
Objectives: To promote employment of youth in the mining, construction and agriculture sectors in Liberia by providing skills training and the development of human resources (training of construction machine operators and instructors).
Description of the Support
- Training of instructors of JHEOS
- May 2014: Trained four instructors in Japan for three weeks.
- August 2014: Will dispatch one instructor to JHEOS from Japan, who will provide follow-up instruction.
- Donation of used equipment (One unit of the PC200 hydraulic excavator and one unit of the D65 bulldozer)
- Provision of basic training texts
- Continuous support in collaboration with BIA, Komatsu’s local distributor
(Left photo) Japan Heavy Equipment Operator School(JHEOS)
(Right photo) From left, Dr. Patrick M. Kormawa of UNIDO, Hon. Joseph Boakai, Vice President of Liberia and Noboru Sato, General Manager of the Department of Distributor Human Resources Development, Komatsu Ltd. at the opening ceremony on June 28.
Social Contribution Activities through Human Resource Development by Komatsu
|Began||Country||Collaborating educational institution||Description|
|2007||South Africa||Komatsu Den Ron Community Development Centre||Jointly managed by the customer, this school provides basic education for young people who lack educational opportunities due to apartheid laws.|
|2011||Chile||(Within the Komatsu Group)||Providing necessary education for employment to young people, who have served full prison terms_thereby supporting their rehabilitation.|
|2012||Senegal||Vocational and Technical Training Center by JICA||Training instructors and teaching students enrolled in the construction equipment maintenance course opened at the Center.|
|2012||Sweden||Dragoon High School in Umea||Opened the Komatsu Training Center and provided facilities, equipment and curriculum.|
|2013||Myanmar||Technical Promotion Training Center||Training instructors of heavy equipment maintenance at a governmental institution.|
1743 total views, 7 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Shimizu Corporation Has Master Plan For Giant Solar Panel Belt Around Moon To Solve Energy Problems
- 22nd 3D & Virtual Reality Expo (IVR)
- The Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Prize: Dynax Corporation
- MARUHON GOMAABURA (Sesame Oil) – 288 Years of History
- Sumiron Co., Ltd. – Innovative Hermetic Packing System for Used Diapers
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (50 views)
- TAISEI Corporation - Engineering and Construction Services (43 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (35 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (34 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (30 views)
- Fuji Oil Co., Ltd. - Developing and Manufacturing the Food Ingredients (29 views)
- MUSCLE Corporation - Motion Control Systems Specialist (28 views)
- Dobashien Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of japanese tea, and related tea goods (27 views)
- Azuma Foods Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing high quality, safe and healthy food products (27 views)
- Integration Co., Ltd. - Kimukatsu - Japanese Pork Cutlets (26 views)