- Listed: 09/26/2013 9:40 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
MHI Receives Order to Launch Telesat’s New High Throughput Satellite, Telstar 12 VANTAGE
First Order for Launch Services Involving a Commercial Satellite
Date: September 26, 2013
Source: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Tokyo, September 26, 2013 – Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) has received an order from Telesat, a leading global satellite operator headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, to provide launch services for Telesat’s new state-of-the-art Telstar 12 VANTAGE satellite. The launch is scheduled to take place late 2015 and marks the first time MHI has received an order to launch a commercial satellite.
Earlier this month, Telesat announced that it had ordered Telstar 12 VANTAGE from Astrium. Telstar 12 VANTAGE will replace Telesat’s highly regarded Telstar 12 satellite at 15 degrees West and significantly expand high power Ku-band coverage of growing markets in South America, Africa, the Caribbean, Mediterranean, South Atlantic and North Sea.
This new high throughput satellite will be launched using the proven H-IIA launch vehicle, which is being upgraded to enhance the vehicle’s performance. The upgrade relates to improvements in the rocket’s upper stage, improvements MHI has been implementing with strong support and oversight from the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).
“Telesat selected MHI to launch our new Telstar 12 VANTAGE satellite after an extensive evaluation of the H-IIA launch vehicle, including the planned enhancements,” said Daniel S. Goldberg, Telesat’s President and CEO. “MHI scored highest on our selection criteria that took into account vehicle performance, technical and operational expertise, and overall commercial terms. Telesat is confident that our strong record of innovation will be enhanced by our partnership with MHI and we look forward to the Telstar 12 VANTAGE launch mission.”
“Telesat is one of the largest, most respected satellite operators in the world and their selection of MHI to launch Telesat’s new Telstar 12 VANTAGE satellite is a strong endorsement of the performance, reliability and value of MHI’s H-IIA upgraded launch vehicle,” said Shoichiro Asada, MHI’s Vice President & Senior General Manager. “Leading satellite operators such as Telesat have a growing number of options to place their spacecraft into GEO orbit. MHI has the capabilities and expertise to compete in this global market, which are based on Japan’s commitment to advanced space technologies. We thank Telesat for their confidence in us and look forward to collaborating with them on the Telstar 12 VANTAGE mission.”
The H-IIA rocket is Japan’s core launch vehicle and one of the most reliable launch vehicles in the world, with 21 of 22 launches to date carried out successfully.
By now winning its first order to launch a commercial satellite, MHI intends to undertake even more aggressive marketing of its satellite launch services both in Japan and abroad, and to continue to fulfill its central role in maintaining and enhancing the Japanese space industry, ensuring our continued access to space.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- University of Tsukuba
- Tanihata Co., Ltd. – “Kumiko” Japanese Traditional Woodcraft Technique
- Hitachi to Deliver the World’s Fastest Elevators to China in 2016
- Morinaga & Co., Ltd.
- Japan GDP revised up to +6.7% on higher capex in 1Q 2014
Top Ads Today
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (40 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (36 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (36 views)
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (35 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (34 views)
- FUJISEIKI Co., Ltd. - Sushi, Rice Ball and Noodle Making Machine (24 views)
- Organic Potato Chips "Manna Chips" - Pure Seaweed & Salt to maximize its "UMAMI" (24 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (21 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (21 views)
- YASKAWA Electric Corporation - Manufacturer of Servos, Machine Controllers, AC Motor Drives, Switches and Robots (21 views)