- Listed: 07/20/2014 2:06 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Mitsubishi Pencil saw record profit for January-June
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Mitsubishi Pencil apparently booked a 5 billion yen ($48.9 million) operating profit in the January-June half, a record for the six-month period, on strong sales of its Jetstream pens.
Operating profit increased 20% on the year and surpassed the predicted figure of 4.4 billion yen. Sales likely rose 7% to 30 billion yen, topping the forecast of 29.5 billion yen.
The company’s mainstay Jetstream pen enjoyed increased sales both in Japan and abroad. By strengthening its production capacity, the company pushed up exports of the multicolored pens which were not easily available overseas.
Corporate orders of pens with company logos also recovered. The spread of tablet devices boosted demand for a Jetstream variety with a built-in stylus as well.
About Mitsubishi Pencil Company
Mitsubishi Pencil Company distributes products in over 100 countries through subsidiaries, such as Mitsubishi Pencil Company UK. Sanford distributes uni-ball in the United States and Canada, Faber-Castell does so for Germany, and Linc Pen and Plastics Limited (LPPL) in India. Despite its naming and the near identical logomarks, Mitsubishi Pencil Company is unrelated to the Mitsubishi Group, and has never been a part of their zaibatsu.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- World Bank head optimistic about Abe’s 3rd arrow of Abenomics
- Hand-embroidered carpets integrating excellent design with traditional techniques – Oriental Carpet Mills
- Shimadzu Corporation Wins F&S South Africa “Leadership Award”
- Miyazaki Chair Factory Co., Ltd. – Designer Furniture
- Goto Ranch – Premium Goto Wagyu & Pork Products
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (17 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (17 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (17 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (13 views)
- FUJISEIKI Co., Ltd. - Sushi, Rice Ball and Noodle Making Machine (10 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (7 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (7 views)
- ORITAEN CO., LTD. - Japanese Tea Manufacturer (7 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (7 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (7 views)