- Listed: 07/20/2014 2:06 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Mitsubishi Pencil saw record profit for January-June
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Mitsubishi Pencil apparently booked a 5 billion yen ($48.9 million) operating profit in the January-June half, a record for the six-month period, on strong sales of its Jetstream pens.
Operating profit increased 20% on the year and surpassed the predicted figure of 4.4 billion yen. Sales likely rose 7% to 30 billion yen, topping the forecast of 29.5 billion yen.
The company’s mainstay Jetstream pen enjoyed increased sales both in Japan and abroad. By strengthening its production capacity, the company pushed up exports of the multicolored pens which were not easily available overseas.
Corporate orders of pens with company logos also recovered. The spread of tablet devices boosted demand for a Jetstream variety with a built-in stylus as well.
About Mitsubishi Pencil Company
Mitsubishi Pencil Company distributes products in over 100 countries through subsidiaries, such as Mitsubishi Pencil Company UK. Sanford distributes uni-ball in the United States and Canada, Faber-Castell does so for Germany, and Linc Pen and Plastics Limited (LPPL) in India. Despite its naming and the near identical logomarks, Mitsubishi Pencil Company is unrelated to the Mitsubishi Group, and has never been a part of their zaibatsu.
1921 total views, 3 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Japanese dishes rank top as most popular foreign cuisine in six-city survey of emerging markets
- Japanese electric sports car, Tommy Kaira ZZ, received safety certification from gov. and plan to export
- Kyushu Nanotec Optics Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of Liquid Crystal Film
- Dentsu Announces “2012 Hit Products in Japan”
- Nittoh Sangyo Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of tea canisters with 40% share in Japan
Top Ads Today
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (19 views)
- Mitsui High-tec, Inc. - We have been producing the industrial machineries and tools since 1949 (11 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (8 views)
- Selected Delicious Japanese Rice from Kyushu - Asagohan Honpo (7 views)
- HID & LED Lighting System for Automotive - fcl. HID LED SHOP (6 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (6 views)
- Takeda Shokai Co., Ltd. - We have largest scrap metal recycling plant in Fukuoka (4 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (4 views)
- Goto Sangyo Kisen Co., Ltd. (4 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (4 views)