- Company Name: NAKATA FOODS
- State/Prefecture: Wakayama
- City/Town/Village: Tanabe
- Street: 1475 Shimomisu
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 646-0292
- Japan Office: Wakayama
- Website: http://www.nakatafoods.com
- Listed: 05/09/2013 7:01 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
NAKATA FOODS is the largest manufacturing firm of ume product in the region. The firm manufactures “pickled umes” and “ume liqueurs” that are traditional health products in Japan, and “ume products” from Kishu Ume.
The firm celebrated the 100th anniversary in 1997 and honorarily welcomed the Emperor and Empress of Japan at the factory. In the same year, we also received Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries prize.
“Ume” (Japanese apricot) has played a significant role in protecting health and longevity of Japanese people since ancient times. “Kishu Ume” grows in genial climate and mineral-rich soil of Minami (southern) Kishu region and produces abundant ripe fruits. Minami Kishu is located in the southwestern part of Wakayama prefecture. It is a major production area of “Nanko-ume”, a kind of Japanese apricot that boasts Japan’s largest harvest and the prime quality.
Japan has a long history of preserving ume by drying and salting. This form of pickle is called umeboshi and was eaten for a variety of reasons. It was used to prevent food poisoning and food from going bad. This proves the antibacterial properties of the benzaldehyde contained in umeboshi.
The high amount of citric acids helps burn lactic acid that builds up in muscles during physical activity. During the warring era in Japan (16th century) soldiers had to wear armor and helmets weighing up to 30~40kg. Warriors are said to have eaten umeboshi to build up energy before a battle and to help recover after fighting. Other people also ate umeboshi everyday especially after hard labor. Included in very simple meals it supplied daily important nutrients including salt.
Dr. Utsunomiya from the Wakayama Prefecture Medical Science University has been doing detailed research into the positive effects of umeboshi on the human body. One of the leading causes of stomach cancer in Japan is caused by Helicobacter pylori and umeboshi was found to decrease its numbers. Umeboshi also was found to help stop the hardening of arteries and lower blood sugar levels. There has also been research done on the antioxidant capabilities of flavonoid contained in umeboshi. Some studies have shown that umeboshi obstructs the oxygen flow inside cancer cells disrupting their organizational powers.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Tobu Railway Co., Ltd.
- NEC provides new communications system to Russia’s largest fixed-line telephone carrier
- Oxide Corporation – Develop of optical single crystals, devices and modules with high functionality
- RF Co., Ltd. – CCD and Wireless Technologies
- Restored Japanese model C57 steam locomotive run again in Taiwan
Top Ads Today
- Morinaga & Co., Ltd. (5 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (4 views)
- Replication and Reproduction for Japanese Cultural Properties - Rivivere (4 views)
- Made in Japan clothing store - ROCOCO (3 views)
- World's first instant noodles developer - Nissin Foods Holdings Co., Ltd. (3 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (3 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (3 views)
- Japan's largest wholesaler of aftermarket parts for motorcycle and automobile - Okada Corporation (2 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (2 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (2 views)