New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, NEDO, published Japan’s first white paper on robotics
- Listed: 07/23/2014 11:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan’s NEDO publishes robotics white paper
Date: Jul 21, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese researchers are calling for the use of more robotics technologies in society.
The New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, NEDO, has put together Japan’s first white paper on robotics. It is titled the “2014 White Paper on Robotization of Industry, Business and Our Life“. It looks at the most advanced technologies and calls for promoting the use of robotics.
It says the robotics market will grow to about 100 billion dollars in 20 years. The paper says robots can assist in providing care for the elderly and people with disabilities. The paper says that in the aftermath of the earthquake that struck northeastern Japan in March 2011, hopes are high that robots can be used after disaster strikes.
It also says more technological development is needed to use robotics in decommissioning the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. The paper says a robotics industry should be created that can meet the needs of Japan’s rapidly aging society.
NEDO’s Shuji Yumitori, who helped write the white paper, said robotics has a big role to play in tackling social issues.
About New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
Following the two oil crises of the 1970s, the need for energy diversification increased. Against this backdrop, NEDO was established as a semi-governmental organization in 1980 to promote the development and introduction of new energy technologies. Research and development of industrial technology was subsequently added, and today NEDO has two missions and is active in a wide variety of areas as Japan’s largest public research and development management organization.
1448 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. – Testing Equipment Manufacturer
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. – Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan
- Kitakyushu City Help Haiphong City in Vietnam by “Green Growth” Program for Reducing Carbon Dioxide Emissions
- KOYOH Co., LTD. – Eco-Bio Block Creates Clear Water by Natto (Fermented Soybean) Bacillus
- Roland DG Corporation – Worldwide leader in the Wide-format Printers and 3D modeling industries