- Company Name: Nishikigoi Niigata Direct Co., Ltd.
- State/Prefecture: Niigata
- City/Town/Village: Nagaoka
- Street: 1709-1 Takiya
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 940-1138
- Japan Office: Niigata
- Website: http://www.koi-breeders.jp
- Listed: 02/08/2013 4:15 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Founded in 1969 by Shoji Tanaka. His son, Makoto now takes over the farm business.
Our farm is concentrated on quality. We aim to breed Nishikigoi equipped with all elements; quality, good body conformation and patterns. We want to produce impressive Nishikigoi that would dwell in our customers’ hearts.
We are breeding Taisho Sanshoku (Sadazo-line Marusho Sanke), Ginrin Sanke, Ginrin Showa, Doitsu Sanke, Doitsu Showa, Beni Kumonryu and Shusui now.
Our farm is located in Yomogihira, deep in the mountain area. We have plenty of fresh spring water from deep snow that falls in winter time, up high in the mountains above our area. This environment is said to have good effect on Nishikigoi. Yomogihira is called to be a Sanke-place, as our forerunners has been enthusiastic in producing Sanke.
In order to produce good quality Tosai fish, it is important to select a good combination of parent koi. It affects the number of Tosai fish with good quality and potentiality. Koi without quality and potentiality will not grow up to be a good koi, in any way, with any whatever effort. But beauty of Nishikigoi is not solely dependent on the potentiality that the koi is born with. It also takes good environmentand much care. It is important to grow high potential koi with much care in a good environment.
So, our environment in Yomogihira seems to bring forth the very good characteristics that Sanke has. So that good Sanke grow more beautifully in the mud ponds in Yomogihira. Especially, big Sanke more than four years old come up very beautifully from mud ponds. This is one of the reasons that this area is called to be a Sanke-place.
We also specialize in Sanke, making use of this geographical advantage.
Our farm uses about 30 natural ponds between 1,000-3,000 sq. meters and keep very small numbers of koi per pond. We aim to raise koi with very natural and beautiful body conformation.
Sanke is required to have very high standard on elements of koi appreciation – white background, “Beni” quality, “Hi” – pattern, “Sumi” quality, placements of “Sumi” spots… – so producing Sanke is not always so easy.
And though Yomogihira is called to be a Sanke-place, it is been a while since an extrordinary Sanke has been produced from here. But now, though not yet so many, we have produced some Sanke that would meet the standards of public appreciation. We would like to develop our Marusho Sanke line, by keeping the good tradition and by introducing new lines.
We always welcome your visit.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Nihon Genryo Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of water treatment product and systems
- Saga Kensa Service – Ultrasonic Testing for Concrete
- Goto Sangyo Kisen Co., Ltd.
- Azuma Foods Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing high quality, safe and healthy food products
- Seasonings manufacturer – Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
Top Ads Today
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (17 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (17 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (17 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (13 views)
- FUJISEIKI Co., Ltd. - Sushi, Rice Ball and Noodle Making Machine (10 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (7 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (7 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (7 views)
- Accuphase Laboratory, Inc. - Sound System Manufacturer (6 views)
- ORITAEN CO., LTD. - Japanese Tea Manufacturer (6 views)