- Listed: 04/25/2014 4:46 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Death of the car wash? Nissan develops the world’s first SELF-CLEANING car
Date: Apr 24, 2014
Source: Daily Mail – by Ray Massey
Nissan has unveiled its nanopaint technology that stops a car getting dirty First car to trial the paint, which costs £450 ($750), will be the Nissan Note The “super-hydrophobic” and “oleophobic” paint repels water and oils Nissan says the technology “could make car washes obsolete”.
Japanese giant Nissan has developed the world’s first “self-cleaning car” which it predicts will make car-washing “obsolete.”
Its UK engineers are testing innovative “nano-paint technology” which repels dirt before it gets a chance to take hold on the paintwork.
For drivers who would rather run a mile than wipe down their dirty vehicles with a sponge or wince at the high cost of a car-wash, it means salvation may soon be at hand.
It is set to be an option on future models but is being tested in Britain on the new Sunderland-built Nissan Note which went on sale in October priced from £12,100 to £17,100.
No price has yet been set but it is likely to be around £450 ($750) – or similar to a metallic paint option.
A Nissan spokesman said: “The Nissan Note is first car to trial paint which could make car washes obsolete.
“Washing a car can be a chore – and a costly one at that. In response, Nissan has begun tests on innovative paint technology that repels mud, rain and everyday dirt, meaning drivers may never have to clean their car again.”
Scientists have developed “super-hydrophobic” and “oleophobic” paint, which repels water and oils. It has been applied to the all-new Nissan Note supermini to create what it calls “the world’s first self-cleaning car”.
Nissan says it is the first carmaker to apply the trade-marked technology called Ultra-Ever Dry® on automotive bodywork and will be testing it “in the real world” over the coming months at its European Technical Centre at Cranfield in Bedfordshire.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (10 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (4 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (3 views)
- Japanese Traditional Bento Box and Tableware - Maturi no Eemon (3 views)
- Japanese Premium Motorcycle Helmets - SHOEI Co. Ltd. (3 views)
- Uzushio Electric Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of electrical equipment for ships (3 views)
- YASKAWA Electric Corporation - Manufacturer of Servos, Machine Controllers, AC Motor Drives, Switches and Robots (2 views)
- Mazda Motor Corporation (2 views)
- Sanrio Co., Ltd. - Creator of popular pop icons such as Hello Kitty and Keroppi (2 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (2 views)