Philippine leisure and gaming firm eyes Japan’s casino market has potentially the second-largest in the world
- Listed: 06/06/2014 2:04 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Manila’s Bloomberry in talks with Japan firm on casino tie-up
Date: Jun 5, 2014
Source: Reuters – Reporting by Siegfrid Alegado; Editing by Matt Driskill and Muralikumar Anantharaman
MANILA, June 5 (Reuters) – Philippine leisure and gaming firm Bloomberry Resorts Corp is in talks with a potential Japanese partner for what could be the company’s maiden overseas venture, its chief executive officer said on Thursday.
The talks are in preparation for bidding for a gaming license if and when a Japanese gambling law is passed, Enrique Razon, Bloomberry CEO and the Philippines’ fourth-richest man, said at a stockholders meeting. He did not name the Japanese firm.
“We’re now working on Japan,” Razon said. “If the integrated resort law passes in Japan this year, we will contend for a license.”
Japan is currently studying legislation to legalise casino gambling. The market there is seen as potentially the second-largest in the world.
Razon also said the company is studying opportunities elsewhere in Asia, particularly Macau, which may open application for new licenses in 2020.
The company is also considering further expanding its Solaire casino-resort in Manila to include three new hotel towers with 1,500 rooms and a 15,000-seat events area, he said.
The planned expansion, which is subject to market demand, would raise Solaire’s gaming tables to 650 from 360 and nearly double its electronic gaming machines to 3,000, making it the largest integrated resort worldwide, Razon said.
1069 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Japan glass maker develops world’s thinnest sheet float glass at just 0.05 mm
- YIELD Co., Ltd. – Titanium Oxide Photocatalyst Material and Ultrasonic Composite Photocatalyst Water Purifier
- Japanese company develops technology to mass-produce ‘spider silk’ fabric
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. – Testing Equipment Manufacturer
- Yoshida Sake Brewery Co., Ltd. – Seishu Manufacturing since 1870