- Company Name: Precision System Science
- State/Prefecture: Chiba
- City/Town/Village: Matsudo
- Street: 88 Kamihongo
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 271-0064
- Japan Office: Chiba
- Website: http://www.pss.co.jp/english/
- Listed: 07/25/2013 2:54 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
PSS is providing products with its original technologies to the world market through OEM partners
PSS is engaged in developing, manufacturing and selling of instruments and the related products used in so-called in-vitro (IVD) market including gene analysis, protein analysis, and immunoassay.
PSS manufactures systems that automate sample preparation process before gene, protein or immunological analysis; such as, fully automated DNA extractor, mainly based on the PSS’s patented “Magtration® technology” and it supplies those systems/instruments to worldwide market through OEM partners. Besides, PSS sells products under PSS brand.
PSS also produces the reagents and the plastic consumables used in these automated systems; furthermore, it develops and manufactures customized systems/instruments.
Furthermore, we had developed a multiplex analyzer by adopting PSS proprietary detection system “BIST®” and a full automatic system from extraction to detection/ analysis, as a development-oriented bioventure company.
Advantages of Magtration Technology
- The mechanical structure can be considerably simple.
- Extraction is completely automated, and an operation that takes 2 to 3 hours manually can be finished within 10 to 30 minutes.
- As extraction process for a sample is carried out with a disposable tip, there is no concern about cross-contamination (sample mixing).
- A solution in an extremely little amount of several μl (microliter, a millionth of 1 liter) can be processed.
- The system can handle various extraction targets including DNAs, RNAs, mRNAs (Note 1) and plasmids (Note 2).
- It is highly flexible in use, as it is operated with different reagent, by modifying reaction step.
- Fully Automated DNA Extractor
Manufacturing and sale of the Fully Automated DNA extractor, using an international patent, “Magtration® Technology” as core technology, is our main business.
The Automated DNA extraction system, developed and produced by PSS, are distributed to global markets through OEM partners of world-scale medical and biotechnology companies such as ROCHE and QIAGEN groups. In addition to OEM products, PSS sells its brand products.
As shown in PSS’s financial statements, the category includes not only DNA extraction system, but also immunochemical luminescence analyzer, supplied to Mitsubishi Chemical Medience Corporation.
- Maintenance, Spare Parts and Reagents
PSS supplies maintenance of the systems sold and sells the spare parts (renewal parts). Development and manufacturing of the reagents and software for extraction/ purification systems are also included in the business category. PSS develops a unique reagent to collect bacteria effectively.
- Customized Automation System
PSS provides customized automation systems to research institutions and clinical testing centers while it conducts contracted research and development as ordered from governments and their affiliated organizations. Furthermore, PSS develops new models of systems in accordance with customer’s specific requirements.
- Plastic Consumables
With increase of the cumulative number of the instruments/ systems sold, the sales of dedicated plastic consumables such as tips and (reagent) cartridges that are consumed as disposables has increased. The PSS group is producing a part of the plastic consumables also in Europe.
Universal Bio Research Co., Ltd. (UBR), is engaged in development of strategic products for future growth of the PSS group under research and development contract with PSS. It seeks efficient development and firm commercialization through collaboration works between PSS group, which has accumulated automated technology, and external professional organizations. In addition, UBR, as a PSS group’s intellectual property management company, manages processing of patents and trademarks, which are indispensable for PSS growth in the world market.
PSS Capital Co., Ltd., as a PSS group’s investment company, manages Bio-Content Fund and invests in venture companies aimed synergic effects to PSS group.
4536 total views, 15 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Minato Shoyu(Soy Sauce) Brewer
- Hanwa Electronic Ind. Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of Semiconductor Evaluation/Measuring Instruments
- MIYAKI Co., Ltd. – Cleaning & Coating for Stone, Wood, Metal and FRP
- Caramel Pudding
- Japan’s domestic steel product orders up 3.01% in Q1 2014
Top Ads Today
- Japanese Traditional Bento Box and Tableware - Maturi no Eemon (83 views)
- SHIMADZU Corporation - Manufacturer of Precision Instruments, Measuring Instruments, Medical Equipment and Aircraft Equipment (54 views)
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of flat glass, automotive glass, display, and variety glass products (48 views)
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (47 views)
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd. - Aircraft, Special Purpose Truck, Fluid, Parking Systems, and Industrial Machinery Systems (47 views)
- Edamame Mix - Steamed Organic Beans Products. Good for Vegan too! (46 views)
- TAISEI Corporation - Engineering and Construction Services (45 views)
- Fuji Oil Co., Ltd. - Developing and Manufacturing the Food Ingredients (43 views)
- Japan's solar power generation will grow to $19.6 billion in FY2013 (40 views)
- Sakamoto Urushi Manufacturing Co., Ltd. - Urushi Surface Manufacturing (38 views)