- Company Name: Soumei Lacquerware Store
- State/Prefecture: Fukui Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Sabae-shi
- Street: 67-13-3 Nishibukuro-cho
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 916-1221
- Phone: 0778-65-0071
- Online Shop: Japan Qtarou
- Listed: 08/20/2017 12:00 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The Soumei Lacquerware Store, founded in 1923, produces and sells a number of traditional Echizen lacquerware and original tableware goods such as chopsticks, spoons, forks, bowls, cups, tray, coasters, and bento boxes. That store also manufacturing the office stationeries items such as ballpoint pen, fountain pen, jewelry case and business cards box.
The first generation, Kyuutarou Soumei served as a director of the Japan Lacquer Cooperative Association, and in 1986, when he was 83 years old, he received the honor of the fifth prize of Orchestra.
The Soumei Lacquerware Store opened its online shop in 2005 and the store name was named “Echizen Shikki(Lacquerware) – Q Tarou” after the first generation “Kyuutarou Soumei”. Currently, many inquiries from overseas have occurred. There is not the staff who can speak in English. Please use web-form to contact if you have any questions.
About Echizen Shikki (lacquer ware)
In the Yamato Asuka era(538–710), a painter in Katayama-cho presented a bowl of black lacquer to the Emperor Keitai. He deeply impressed to the splendor of its gloss, and the great encouragement was told that the beginning of Echizen lacquerware.
Bewitchingly coated in jet black or vermilion red, detailed with gold or silver metal powder and inlaid with gold, Echizen lacquer lacquer embodies culture and refinement.
How to purchase
You can purchase their products from Rakuten Global.
- Japan Qtarou in Rakuten Global.
Featured bento box from Japan Qtarou
Top Ads Today
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (17 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (15 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (13 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (11 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (10 views)
- Leading manufacturer of ignition coils for automobiles - Diamond Electric Mfg Co., Ltd. (8 views)
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of flat glass, automotive glass, display, and variety glass products (8 views)
- TOTO Ltd. - World's largest toilet manufacturer (8 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (8 views)
- Kao Corporation - Ranked in best 2 of the leading Japanese cosmetic industry (8 views)