- Listed: 07/17/2014 12:33 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Subaru maker sees record April-June profit at 80 billion yen
Date: Jul 17, 2014
TOKYO — Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., the maker of Subaru cars, likely saw its operating profit climb 15% on the year to about 80 billion yen ($778.6 million) this past quarter, marking a record April-June high.
Strong North American sales and the weak yen helped the company make up for slow business in Japan.
Sales for the Forester SUV and other models shot up in North America, where about 60% of the company’s cars are sold. Fuji Heavy predicts that full-year sales in the region will grow 11% at 531,000 vehicles, but the numbers appear to be increasing faster than expected.
The weaker yen also lifted profit. The company exports over 70% of its output, and a drop of one yen against the dollar adds 9.2 billion yen to its annual profit. The rate for April-June was about 102 yen to the dollar, which was 4 yen weaker on the year, seen giving the manufacturer a close to 10 billion yen boost for the quarter. This, combined with cost-cutting measures, more than made up for an expanded budget for research and development as well as sales.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Flat-panel X-ray Sensor that Directly Converts X-rays into Electrical Signals – SHIMADZU Corporation
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. – We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves
- Ghibli’s movie featured in Vancouver again – 16 works such as “Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea” received by popular demand
- Hirayama Ryokan Inc.
- Subaru’s new Safety Systems “EyeSight” Can Recognize Brake Lights and Red Signals
Top Ads Today
- Reel-to-reel Gold and Tin plating - High Conductive, Low Contact Resistance and Good Bonding & Soldering (21 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (13 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (12 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (12 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (11 views)
- NSK Ltd. - NSK Produced the First Ball Bearings Made in Japan (9 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (9 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (8 views)
- Tanihata Co., Ltd. - "Kumiko" Japanese Traditional Woodcraft Technique (8 views)
- Nakamura Brace Co. Ltd. - Orthotics and Prosthetics Manufacturer (7 views)