- Listed: 05/14/2014 10:58 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Subaru All-New WRX and WRX STI Awarded “2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK (TSP)”
Date: May 14, 2014
Source: Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI)
The 2015 WRX and WRX STI earned the highest possible rating of “Good” in all tests (front and side crash tests, evaluations in rear impacts, a rollover test and a small overlap test) for TSP.
Tokyo, May 14, 2014 – Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, today announced that the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS; a nonprofit organization supported by auto insurers in the US) has awarded the best possible ranking of 2014 TOP SAFETY PICK (TSP) to the all-new 2015 WRX and WRX STI currently sold in the North American region. As for the other Subaru models, 2014 Legacy, 2014 Outback, 2014 Impreza, 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek and 2014 / 2015 Forester have already earned a 2014 TSP rating.
Equipped with a Symmetrical AWD (All-Wheel drive) system built around Subaru’s Boxer engine, the WRX series is the symbol of Subaru AWD sport performance. Ever since the first model hit the streets back in 1992, the WRX has gained worldwide support from sports car enthusiasts as a distinctive sports sedan combining impressive sport performance with the practicality of a four-door sedan.
To win Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must have “Good” ratings in all four tests of high-speed front and side crash tests, a rollover test, and evaluations of seat/head restraints for protection against neck injuries in rear impacts. In addition, “Good” or “Acceptable” performance in a small overlap front test introduced in 2012 is also required. The small overlap test is a demanding crash that replicates what happens when the front corner of a car collides with another vehicle or an object like a tree or utility pole. In the test, 25 percent of a car’s front end on the driver side strikes a 5-foot-tall rigid barrier at 40 mph. The 2015 WRX and WRX STI earned the highest possible rating of “Good” in these five IIHS evaluations for occupant protection.
FHI aims to offer “Enjoyment and Peace of Mind” through the Subaru experience, its brand statement “Confidence in Motion” at the foundation. “Enjoyment and Peace of Mind” is not possible without the crucial element of “safety”. Subaru will pursue all-around safety by continuing to advance its active, passive and pre-crash safety technologies.
2137 total views, 3 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Inovation Salon: Growing Biotech Ties Between The Bay Area and Japan
- Ohashi Engineering Co., Ltd. – Precision Sheet Metal Processing and ACF Bonding Technologies
- Kimono Kyokomachi – Japanese Traditional Clothing and Crafts
- Hakusui No Kura – Steakhouse
- Japan business community and government cooperate as two wheels under the “Abenomics”
Top Ads Today
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (19 views)
- Mitsui High-tec, Inc. - We have been producing the industrial machineries and tools since 1949 (11 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (8 views)
- Selected Delicious Japanese Rice from Kyushu - Asagohan Honpo (7 views)
- HID & LED Lighting System for Automotive - fcl. HID LED SHOP (6 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (6 views)
- Goto Sangyo Kisen Co., Ltd. (4 views)
- Takeda Shokai Co., Ltd. - We have largest scrap metal recycling plant in Fukuoka (4 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (4 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (4 views)