- State/Prefecture: Osaka Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Osaka
- Street: 2-5 Honmachibashi, Chuo-ku,
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 540-0029
- Phone: +81-6-4792-8966
- Website: http://oskkaigai.wixsite.com/amano-urushi/
- Listed: 01/11/2017 1:13 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Takaoka Lacqueware（高岡漆器） was first made in 1609 when Toshinaga Maeda, the second load of the Kaga Domain, built Takaoka Castle in Takaoka city. He ordered to make arms and armor, drawers, and low dining tables. After that new techniques such as tsuishu (堆朱) and tsuikoku (堆黒) were introduced by China. Also various techniques such as chokoku-nuri (彫刻塗), sabie (錆絵), raden (螺鈿), and zonsei (存星) which look solid using a variety of lacquer colors were produced, and those techniques developed Takaoka Lacquerware and made it famous.
These techniques took root as townspeople culture and had a progressive development due to the traditional festival in Takaoka where gorgeous festival cars called mikurumayama (御車山) have used and decorated with them.
In 1975, Takaoka Lacquerware has been nominated as traditional crafts of Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (90 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (12 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (11 views)
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. - A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer (10 views)
- Pacific Engineering Corporation - 43% Share of Global Automotive Fuses Market (10 views)
- Kuraray Co., Ltd. - Chemicals, fibers and high performance material manufacturer (10 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (7 views)
- Nihon Genryo Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of water treatment product and systems (7 views)
- Akizuki Spa Ryokan "Seiryuan" - Relaxing on the beautiful Japanese garden (6 views)
- Seibu Giken Co.,Ltd. - We are the world leader in heat exchange for 30 years (6 views)