- State/Prefecture: Osaka Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Osaka
- Street: 2-5 Honmachibashi, Chuo-ku,
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 540-0029
- Phone: +81-6-4792-8966
- Website: http://oskkaigai.wixsite.com/amano-urushi/
- Listed: 01/11/2017 1:13 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Takaoka Lacqueware（高岡漆器） was first made in 1609 when Toshinaga Maeda, the second load of the Kaga Domain, built Takaoka Castle in Takaoka city. He ordered to make arms and armor, drawers, and low dining tables. After that new techniques such as tsuishu (堆朱) and tsuikoku (堆黒) were introduced by China. Also various techniques such as chokoku-nuri (彫刻塗), sabie (錆絵), raden (螺鈿), and zonsei (存星) which look solid using a variety of lacquer colors were produced, and those techniques developed Takaoka Lacquerware and made it famous.
These techniques took root as townspeople culture and had a progressive development due to the traditional festival in Takaoka where gorgeous festival cars called mikurumayama (御車山) have used and decorated with them.
In 1975, Takaoka Lacquerware has been nominated as traditional crafts of Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (20 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (15 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (13 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (12 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (9 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (9 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (9 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (8 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (7 views)
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (6 views)