- State/Prefecture: Osaka Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Osaka
- Street: 2-5 Honmachibashi, Chuo-ku,
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 540-0029
- Phone: +81-6-4792-8966
- Website: http://oskkaigai.wixsite.com/amano-urushi/
- Listed: 01/11/2017 1:13 pm
- Expires: 259 days, 1 hour
Takaoka Lacqueware（高岡漆器） was first made in 1609 when Toshinaga Maeda, the second load of the Kaga Domain, built Takaoka Castle in Takaoka city. He ordered to make arms and armor, drawers, and low dining tables. After that new techniques such as tsuishu (堆朱) and tsuikoku (堆黒) were introduced by China. Also various techniques such as chokoku-nuri (彫刻塗), sabie (錆絵), raden (螺鈿), and zonsei (存星) which look solid using a variety of lacquer colors were produced, and those techniques developed Takaoka Lacquerware and made it famous.
These techniques took root as townspeople culture and had a progressive development due to the traditional festival in Takaoka where gorgeous festival cars called mikurumayama (御車山) have used and decorated with them.
In 1975, Takaoka Lacquerware has been nominated as traditional crafts of Japan.
519 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: OSK Global Business Promotions
- Member Since: 12/02/2016
Other items listed by OSK Global Business Promotions
- Hand & Foot Bath Machine – Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion
- OSK Global Business Promotions – Connecting Your Business to Japanese Markets
- Kanshitsu – Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion
- Japanese Traditional Sail Canvas Bags – Matsuemon ho
- Japanese Dry Noodle since 1935 – Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion