- Listed: 05/05/2014 8:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Aso: Japan to help upgrade infrastructure in Asia
Date: May 4, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso has stressed the country’s willingness to help improve infrastructure in Asia and stimulate growth in the region.
Aso, who is also Finance Minister, spoke to the annual general meeting of the Asian Development Bank that opened in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on Sunday.
Finance ministers and other officials from 67 countries and territories are taking part.
Aso suggested that infrastructure such as roads and power plants form the foundation for growth and that upgraded infrastructure is needed if developing countries in Asia are to unleash their potential.
He said Japan will fully mobilize not only financial power but also technological expertise, knowledge and experience to meet the enormous demand for infrastructure in the region.
He also suggested that the ADB should hold its 50th general conference in Japan in 2017.
Aso told reporters that a decrease in external demand is having a negative impact on Japan’s economy.
He added that stable growth among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will also benefit Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (41 views)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. - Global leader in diverse industries in wide ranging fields (29 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (24 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (22 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (20 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (20 views)
- Takaha Kiko Co., Ltd. - Solenoid Manufacturer (17 views)
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (13 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (13 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (12 views)