- Listed: 05/05/2014 8:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Aso: Japan to help upgrade infrastructure in Asia
Date: May 4, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso has stressed the country’s willingness to help improve infrastructure in Asia and stimulate growth in the region.
Aso, who is also Finance Minister, spoke to the annual general meeting of the Asian Development Bank that opened in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on Sunday.
Finance ministers and other officials from 67 countries and territories are taking part.
Aso suggested that infrastructure such as roads and power plants form the foundation for growth and that upgraded infrastructure is needed if developing countries in Asia are to unleash their potential.
He said Japan will fully mobilize not only financial power but also technological expertise, knowledge and experience to meet the enormous demand for infrastructure in the region.
He also suggested that the ADB should hold its 50th general conference in Japan in 2017.
Aso told reporters that a decrease in external demand is having a negative impact on Japan’s economy.
He added that stable growth among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will also benefit Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (11 views)
- Made in Japan clothing store - ROCOCO (9 views)
- Dietary supplement "Spirulina" and "Organic Germanium" - Japan Algae Co., Ltd. (9 views)
- Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Oncology, Allergy and Immunology R&D Division of Otsuka Holdings (9 views)
- I-Medex Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of bioelectrode products such as holter monitor electrodes (7 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (7 views)
- Ci:z Holdings Co., Ltd. - Providing Health and Beauty Inspired by Medical Expertise (6 views)
- KITAGAWA Industries Co., Ltd. - Providing a variety of components for electronic industry (6 views)
- Nihon Dento Kougyo Co., Ltd. - Leading Company for Electroplating in Japan (6 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (6 views)