- Listed: 05/05/2014 8:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Aso: Japan to help upgrade infrastructure in Asia
Date: May 4, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso has stressed the country’s willingness to help improve infrastructure in Asia and stimulate growth in the region.
Aso, who is also Finance Minister, spoke to the annual general meeting of the Asian Development Bank that opened in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on Sunday.
Finance ministers and other officials from 67 countries and territories are taking part.
Aso suggested that infrastructure such as roads and power plants form the foundation for growth and that upgraded infrastructure is needed if developing countries in Asia are to unleash their potential.
He said Japan will fully mobilize not only financial power but also technological expertise, knowledge and experience to meet the enormous demand for infrastructure in the region.
He also suggested that the ADB should hold its 50th general conference in Japan in 2017.
Aso told reporters that a decrease in external demand is having a negative impact on Japan’s economy.
He added that stable growth among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will also benefit Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Electronic Products Manufacturer - Sharp Corporation (19 views)
- Shimizu Corporation - Top 20 International General Contractor in the World (17 views)
- TOYO Stainless Polish Industry - Metal Polishing & Buffing Services (16 views)
- Kansai Paint Co., Ltd. - One of the 10 biggest paint manufacturers in the world (16 views)
- Tecnos Japan Inc. - ICT Consulting Company (16 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (16 views)
- NSK Ltd. - NSK Produced the First Ball Bearings Made in Japan (15 views)
- Sumiron Co., Ltd. - Innovative Hermetic Packing System for Used Diapers (15 views)
- Batteries Manufacturer - GS Yuasa Corporation (14 views)
- Panasonic Corporation (14 views)