- State/Prefecture: Osaka Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Osaka
- Street: 2-5 Honmachibashi, Chuo-ku,
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 540-0029
- Website: http://oskkaigai.wixsite.com/copperware-toyama/
- Listed: 04/15/2017 6:45 pm
- Expires: 82 days, 6 hours
Takaoka copperware is a traditional craft of castings which is produced in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture. Takaoka douki started when a Kaga daimyo, Toshinaga MAEDA(1562-1614), summoned seven casters to the Kanaya-machi of Takaoka City to promote the area’s prosperity in 1611 (Keicho 16). In recent years, the 400th anniversary ceremonial event was held.
At first, it started as art and craft work presented to the feudal lord. Then it became widely popular in and outside Japan as Buddhist altar equipment, pots and kettles, vases, tea utensils, and decorations. Bronzeware was presented to the world at international expositions and was also exported, gaining a solid reputation.
The material first used was mainly iron casting, but around the middle of the Edo Period (1603-1868) there was an evolution towards a variety of materials, including alloyed metals such as copper castings, tin, bronze, and brass, as well as aluminum – marking a further improvement of the processing technologies. Polishing, metal carving, coloring, and other processing techniques were also developed, and a variety of modes of expression were established. Both manufacturing methods and processes have continued to develop, up to the present day.
In 1975, we were designated as a Primary Nationally Designated Traditional Craft; in 1979 we were designated as an area for specific industries, and the Takaoka Metalwork Association was registered as a “local community brand” by the Japan Patent Office on January 11, 2008.
The characteristics of Takaoka douki are free molding as well as intricate shaping, and graceful and smooth surface. Growing beauty through time and gently caressing the products day after day brings out an elegant sheen.
Takaoka douki provides pleasure as it ages gracefully with ownership.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: OSK Global Business Promotions
- Member Since: 12/02/2016
Other items listed by OSK Global Business Promotions
- OSK Global Business Promotions – Connecting Your Business to Japanese Markets
- Seamless knit boots & fashion pumps – Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion
- Japanese Traditional Sail Canvas Bags – Matsuemon ho
- Kanshitsu – Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion
- Replication and Reproduction for Japanese Cultural Properties – Rivivere
Top Ads Today
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (17 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (10 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (10 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (10 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (8 views)
- Leading Medical Imaging Technology - Spectratech, Inc. (8 views)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (7 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (7 views)
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. - A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer (6 views)
- Excellent KOBE Beef (Japan Premium Wagyu) Supplier - Kobe Isoda Farm (6 views)