- Listed: 06/03/2013 8:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Toyota Tsusho, Carrefour to form joint retail venture in Africa
NAGOYA – Trading house Toyota Tsusho Corp. and French supermarket operator Carrefour SA have announced they will set up a joint retail venture in Africa.
The new enterprise will open shopping centers and supermarket outlets in eight western and central African nations, including Cameroon, Ghana and Nigeria, the two companies said Thursday.
Carrefour, the world’s second-largest retailer, and France-based trading company CFAO, a subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho, signed a memorandum of understanding to form the joint venture that will be owned 55 percent by CFAO and 45 percent by Carrefour.
The venture will aim for sales of more than €1 billion (¥131 billion) in 2023, and the first shopping center is planned to open in the Ivory Coast’s capital, Abidjan, in early 2015, the two firms said.
1368 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Nittoh Sangyo Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of tea canisters with 40% share in Japan
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators
- Minato Shoyu(Soy Sauce) Brewer
- 20th ITS WORLD CONGRESS TOKYO 2013 Oct 14-18
- Morita Chikuzai Store