Social Media Campaign Kicks Off with Chance to Win Roundtrip Ticket to Japan and Other Prizes
Date: Oct 16, 2017
Source: Taste of Japan campaign office
TOKYO, Oct. 16, 2017 – “Taste of Japan” is a website facilitating the dissemination of information on Japanese restaurants and cuisine culture worldwide, including details on Japanese restaurants all over the world, recipes for staple Japanese dishes, and explanations of signature Japanese ingredients. With the aim of spreading a love of Japanese food across the globe, the #TryTasteofJapan Photo Challenge was launched on Monday, October 16, for a run through Sunday, December 31, 2017, targeting the entire world outside of Japan. In this campaign, participants are asked to add the hashtag #TryTasteofJapan to photos of Japanese food and post them to Facebook and Instagram. A total of seven participants will be selected by lottery to win prizes, including a roundtrip ticket to Japan and meal tickets to Japanese restaurants overseas.
Moreover, the Taste of Japan website has been totally revamped with the aim of making it even more accessible to users. This includes improving search functionality and ease of use, adding French, simplified Chinese and Thai to make the site viewable in six languages, and expanding information on Japanese restaurants and Japanese Food Supporter shops. Search approximately 2,500 Japanese restaurants and 150 Japanese Food Supporter shops worldwide.
Mon., Oct. 16, to Sun., Dec. 31, 2017
Support for enjoying your favorite Japanese food
- Roundtrip airfare to Japan (1 person)
- Meal tickets to Japanese restaurants overseas (3 people)
- An assortment of Japanese food products available locally, such as miso, rice crackers, powdered green tea, etc. (3 people)
How to enter:
*As the purpose of this campaign is to raise interest in Japanese cuisine and Japanese ingredients, only the following posts will be considered:
- Like and follow the official Taste of Japan Facebook page.
- Photos taken at shops and restaurants listed on the Taste of Japan website, and
- Photos on applicable social media networks (i.e. Facebook, Instagram) that are tagged with the shop/restaurant’s location and the hashtag #TryTasteofJapan.
- After the campaign is over, winners (only) will receive a direct message each through Facebook or Instagram.
Eligible social media platforms:
The entire world excluding Japan
Announcement of winners:
The aim is to notify (only) those who have been selected, via direct message over either social media platform, sometime in or after February 2018.
- Posts to private (i.e. invisible) accounts are ineligible for participation in the campaign.
- Participants can post as many times as they like during the campaign period.
- Photos entered may be displayed on the Taste of Japan website and/or official Facebook account without prior consent of the participant. Entries are made with simultaneous consent to their public display on the official Taste of Japan accounts.
For more details on participation rules, please see the official campaign site: http://www.tasteofjapan.jp/article/detail/651