Japanese automakers collaborate with electronics manufacturers for improving safety
- Listed: 06/09/2014 6:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vehicles equipped with safety cameras
Date: Jun 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese automakers are getting help from electronics manufacturers in their efforts to improve vehicle safety by using miniature video cameras.
JVC-KENWOOD is developing a device that can display the views on both sides of a vehicle on monitors behind the steering wheel. The images are sent from cameras attached to side mirrors that allow drivers to safely change lanes without having to turn their head.
Another device developed by Nissan Motor can display a clear image on the rear-view mirror. When passengers or baggage on the backseat block the view, the mirror becomes a monitor for the rear-view camera. Researchers at Nissan say they will continue to develop technology that uses cameras to assist drivers.
Hino Motors has introduced a new model vehicle equipped with a camera that can detect when drivers become drowsy.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (42 views)
- Precision System Science Co., Ltd. - Supporting Worldwide IVD Market (42 views)
- Flat-panel X-ray Sensor that Directly Converts X-rays into Electrical Signals - SHIMADZU Corporation (23 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (18 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (18 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (18 views)
- NTT DOCOMO Inc. - Japan's largest telecommunications company (18 views)
- Selling tea and tea utensils since end of Edo period - Senkien Co., Ltd. (17 views)
- ONEX Corporation - Metal Heat Treatment, Processing and Metal Remediation Services (15 views)
- History of Umeboshi (Pickled Ume) (15 views)