- Listed: 06/09/2014 6:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vehicles equipped with safety cameras
Date: Jun 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese automakers are getting help from electronics manufacturers in their efforts to improve vehicle safety by using miniature video cameras.
JVC-KENWOOD is developing a device that can display the views on both sides of a vehicle on monitors behind the steering wheel. The images are sent from cameras attached to side mirrors that allow drivers to safely change lanes without having to turn their head.
Another device developed by Nissan Motor can display a clear image on the rear-view mirror. When passengers or baggage on the backseat block the view, the mirror becomes a monitor for the rear-view camera. Researchers at Nissan say they will continue to develop technology that uses cameras to assist drivers.
Hino Motors has introduced a new model vehicle equipped with a camera that can detect when drivers become drowsy.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (52 views)
- Japanese govt helps China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution (20 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (16 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (15 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (10 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (8 views)
- Japan capitalize experience and technologies for reducing pollutants of PM2.5 problem (8 views)
- ACCESS Co., Ltd. - Provider of Advanced Software Technologies (8 views)
- HIRANO TECSEED Co., Ltd. - Coating and Laminating Technology (7 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (6 views)