- Listed: 06/09/2014 6:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vehicles equipped with safety cameras
Date: Jun 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese automakers are getting help from electronics manufacturers in their efforts to improve vehicle safety by using miniature video cameras.
JVC-KENWOOD is developing a device that can display the views on both sides of a vehicle on monitors behind the steering wheel. The images are sent from cameras attached to side mirrors that allow drivers to safely change lanes without having to turn their head.
Another device developed by Nissan Motor can display a clear image on the rear-view mirror. When passengers or baggage on the backseat block the view, the mirror becomes a monitor for the rear-view camera. Researchers at Nissan say they will continue to develop technology that uses cameras to assist drivers.
Hino Motors has introduced a new model vehicle equipped with a camera that can detect when drivers become drowsy.
Top Ads Today
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (127 views)
- THINK OF THINGS - Pop-up Store of KOKUYO stationery and office supplies (25 views)
- Japanese Infrastructure company - Hitachi Zosen Corporation (25 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (18 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (15 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (13 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (12 views)
- Plenus Co.,LTD. - Restaurant Franchise Business - Hotto Motto (12 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (12 views)
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - One of Japan’s leading pharmaceutical companies (12 views)