- Company Name: ASICS Corporation
- State/Prefecture: Hyogo Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi
- Street: 7-1-1 Nakamachi
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 650-8555
- Phone: (078) 303-2231
- Listed: 08/16/2017 12:00 am
- Expires: 265 days, 1 hour
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka, founder ASICS, began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes in his home town of Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano” which translates as “a healthy soul in a healthy body”.
In 1990, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe. Since then many remarkable technological innovations in sports shoes and apparel have stemmed from this unique site where scientists, athletes and coaches work together. The institute in Kobe, some 200 miles west of Tokyo, covers more than 45,000 square feet of research facilities. An all-weather running track of 350m, a hall for basketball and volleyball and several test rooms are part of the complex.
In its 2006 fiscal year, Asics generated 171 billion yen in net sales and 13 billion yen in net income. 66% of the company’s income came from the sale of sports shoes, 24% from sportswear, and 10% from sports equipment. 59% of the company’s sales were in Japan, 28% in North America, and 19% in Europe.
MetaRun: The Journey | ASICS
How to purchase
You can purchase their products from Amazon or Rakuten Global below.
Men’s Best Sellers on Amazon
ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4 Running Shoe
The gt-2000 4 is the core runner bread and butter with its balance of cushioning and stability, outfitted by the comfortably supportive dynamic duomax and guidance trusstic system that also enhance gait efficiency. Our rear foot and forefoot gel cushioning systems are now even more adaptive, assisting mild to moderate over pronators alike with greater support, while the fluid ride midsole offers the ultimate ride.
Asics Mens Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoes
The GEL-KAYANO 24 for men is lightweight and made for long distance runs. This iconic road running shoe has racked up more than 20 years of success, helping over pronators stay stable and comfortable over long distances. The last mile is just as comfortable as the first thanks to superb FlyteFoam cushioning mid-sole that helps the shoes recover their shape after impact. This means the more you roll your foot, the more stable it will become.
ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
After 18 years of innovation, the Nimbus® series continues as one of the most recognized high performing footwear by ASICS. The new GEL® placement offers modernized geometry of cushioning, designed to improve adaptability and mitigate brisk impacts. Improved Guidance Line® Technology harmoniously syncs componentry to embrace the motions of the runner’s gait cycle. Weight: 11.4. Heel Height: 23mm. Forefoot Height: 13mm.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Quantum 360 Shift Running-Shoes
Run hard, land soft. ASICS® GEL-Quantum 360™ Shift is constructed with 360 degrees of our GEL® Cushioning Technology, balancing high performance and maximum comfort. The color shifting mesh panels prevent forefoot irritation through an optimal fit – helping you power through running and cross-training workouts. Weight: 12.6. Heel Height: 22. Forefoot Height: 12.
Women’s Best Sellers on Amazon
ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
After 18 years of innovation, the Nimbus® series continues as one of the most recognized high performing footwear by ASICS. The new GEL® placement offers modernized geometry of cushioning, designed to improve adaptability and mitigate brisk impacts. Improved Guidance Line® technology harmoniously syncs componentry to embrace the motions of the runner’s gait cycle. Weight: 9.2 oz. Heel Height: 25mm. Forefoot Height: 12mm.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoe
The New GEL-Kayano® 23 shoe features our Dynamic DuoMax® Support System, set at an angle to support and engage the foot only when required. With improved fit, the new shape not only holds your heel better, it holds the entire foot better while providing superior toe spring. Convergence GEL® Technology and FlyteFoam™ Technology make the new lighter-weight, innovation in the GEL-Kayano® family our greatest adaption yet.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running-Shoes
The 20+ year success of the industry-leading GEL-Kayano® 24 is sweet testimony to the continuous innovation and thoughtful design of the shoe. Our GEL-Kayano® 24 has an evolved adaptive fit on the upper and an overall fit that is more true to size, while still offering overpronators stability and comfort, to improve running efficiency and decrease risk of injury over varying distances. Our reliable performer hugs feet and cushions impact to make the last mile as comfortable as the first. Weight: 9.3 oz. Heel Height: 25mm. Forefoot Height: 12mm. Weight: 9.3 oz. Heel Height: 25. Forefoot Height: 12.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 19 Running-Shoes
Our GEL-Nimbus® 19 shoe features our revolutionary FlyteFoam™ Technology, for optimal comfort and a responsive ride for the neutral runner. A gradient jacquard-mesh upper is strategically tightened or loosened in zones to allow the foot’s natural motion. 3D printed overlays provide seamless support to the upper. Weight: 8.9 oz. Heel Height: 25mm. Forefoot Height: 12mm.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Workers in Japan are again seeing rising sales after a tax hike in April
- Third Annual JSNC Japan-US Innovation Awards Symposium
- Long-term deflationary spiral of Japan that lasted 20 years is about to end
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware – Yoshita Kashou Studio
- Japan corporate capital investment topped $121 bil. in Q1 of this year: 7.4% up from last Q1
Top Ads Today
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (33 views)
- Kimura Ohshido Co., Ltd. - Traditional Japanese Dolls Craft Shop since 1887 (22 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (19 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (18 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (18 views)
- DMG Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. - Being the No.1 Machine Tools Company for Customers (17 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (15 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (15 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (15 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (14 views)