- Company Name: Maruyama Nori Co., Ltd.
- State/Prefecture: Tokyo Prefecture
- Street: 1-23 Akashi-cho, Chuo-ku
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 104-0044
- Japan Office: Tokyo
- Website: http://www.maruyamanori.com/en/history/
- Listed: 01/08/2014 12:39 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
For more than 150 years since our company was established, Maruyama Nori has been one of the No.1 dried seaweed producers in the world.
One of factors that sustained this tremendous achievement is the ambitious and innovative spirit of the founder, Hikobei Tsushima. As one early example, when faced with the challenge of transporting his delicate cargo over the long distance between Kyoto and what is now Tokyo, he invented a special white iron box to protect the dried seaweed during transport. His spirit lives on in the company and we continue to develop and adopt innovative ideas in the field.
We also deal in high quality Ocha (green tea) under the trade name Jugetsudo and opened shop in Tsukiji of Tokyo in 2003. In 2008 we expanded our tea business to Paris with a gorgeous store for fine teas. The George V, the most prestigious hotel in Paris, serves our Ocha in their signature restaurant and uses our dried seaweed in their dishes. We are also advisors to the hotel on authentic Japanese tea service. Michelin 2-star restaurants L’ Atelier de Joel Robuchon and L’Espadon in The Ritz Hotel in Paris also use our brand products. (Note: The Ritz closed on July 31, 2012 for a 2 year renovation.)
We are proud when we see that our nori seaweed, chosen with the greatest care, is the favorite choice of some three thousand sushi bars, as well as many other professionals from the food sector in Japan.
As for example, “Sukiyabashi Jiro” which received 3 stars in the Michelin Guide Tokyo, as well as 10 of the 15 sushi shops that received stars as well, are using our products. In addition to the main shop in Tsukiji, we have 11 shops as well as telemarketing, direct mail, and internet sales, which are favored by individual customers.
- Jugetsudo Green Tea
Tea leaves are selected in Kakegawa, in the highlands of Shizuoka near Mount Fuji, the prime area for Japanese tea cultivation known for its excellent tea production.
The temperature difference between day and night together with the mountain climate refreshed by the morning dew, combine to create the best conditions for producing Jugetsudo’s delicious teas with their unique tastes, aromas and colors.
2102 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Monacca – Wood Products Manufacturing
- Nihon Exceed Corporation – 30% of the world market share in polishing substrate materials of SAW filters
- Boeing looking for more partners to develop in areas beyond fuselage production of aircraft
- MHI Vestas Offshore Wind Gets Orders for Four 8MW Wind Turbines from Denmark
- O-Cha.com – Japanese Green Tea & Matcha