- Company Name: AKITA SEISHU Co., Ltd.
- City/Town/Village: Daisen
- Street: 83-1 Tochiyaaza Amagasawa
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 014-0801
- Listed: 01/24/2013 6:05 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The story of Akita Seishu begins in 1865, when founder Jushiro Ito converted a 150 year old thatched roof estate into the Dewatsuru sake brewery. Five generations later, the brewery is still run by the Ito family. President Tatsuru Ito works closely with his son Yohei to bring Dewatsuru’s award-winning sake to consumers in Japan and throughout the world. The brewery’s philosophy is that, “Good harmony makes good sake.” Akita Seishu values everything local and strives for a harmonious relationship between man and nature. The Dewatsuru brewery is even certified to produce organic sake, one of only a few such breweries in all of Japan. Although, working together with nature is not always easy in this frigid region in northern Japan, the harsh winter conditions are ideal for brewing sake and contribute to the distinct, regional flavor profiles of Dewatsuru sake.
The brewery is also blessed with exceptionally soft water, which ensures the naturally smooth taste for which Dewatsuru sake is known. The Kariho brewery, also run by Akita Seishu, is located within miles of Dewatsuru but has much harder water. The result is a drastically different style of sake.
Akita Seishu is proud to introduce Dewatsuru sake to the United States. Dewatsuru translates as, “crane of the Dewa region,” and brings to mind the beautiful birds, graceful and regal, showing off their plumage in the snow covered countryside. The name conveys the refined elegance of the Dewatsuru line of premium sake.
Our Website: www.igeta.jp/english/index02_e.html
Local Distributors: Winebow
Top Ads Today
- Matte Gold Plating - Good corrosion resistant, low electrical resistivity and good bondability (6 views)
- Kansai Paint Co., Ltd. - One of the 10 biggest paint manufacturers in the world (5 views)
- Takaoka Lacquerware - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (5 views)
- Mitsuya Co., Ltd. – Providing the plating and finishing services since 1931 (5 views)
- Kawamura Sangyo Co. Ltd., - Slitting Services for Medical, Automotive, Electronic, Food and Other Applications (4 views)
- Gold-Tin Alloy Plating - Good joint strength and good thermal conductivity (4 views)
- Rhodium Plating - Strong wear resistance, high surface hardness and low contact resistance (4 views)
- TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. - Traditional Craftwork "Tamamushi Lacquerware" (4 views)
- Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Surface coatings with using Japanese traditional Shikkui (4 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (4 views)