Workers in Japan are again seeing rising sales after a tax hike in April
- Listed: 07/08/2014 2:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Business sentiment up again
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Workers in Japan are again seeing rising sales after a tax hike in April. Business sentiment in the country improved in June for a second straight month.
Each month, Cabinet Office officials survey more than 2,000 people mainly in the service sector about their confidence regarding current economic conditions.
The sentiment index in June rose 2.6 points from the previous month, to 47.7.
Workers in wide-ranging areas including supermarkets, electric appliance shops and car dealerships said sales were recovering from a post-tax hike slump.
But rising gasoline prices cast a shadow on the outlook for a few months from now. The index for that period fell 0.5 points, to 53.3. It declined for the first time in three months.
Cabinet office officials brushed aside the decrease as minor, and revised their assessment upward. They said the impact of the tax hike is fading and that Japan’s economy remains on a mild recovery path.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (23 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (18 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (11 views)
- Leading manufacturer of ignition coils for automobiles - Diamond Electric Mfg Co., Ltd. (11 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (11 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (11 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (10 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (10 views)
- Taisei Plas Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of blow molding products for automobile (10 views)
- Mitsuya Co., Ltd. – Providing the plating and finishing services since 1931 (8 views)