- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (31 views)
- Nishiyama Seimen - Traditional Sapporo Ramen Noodle (30 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (25 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (23 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (21 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (20 views)
- TDK Corporation - Electronic Components Manufacturer in Magnetic Technology (17 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (17 views)
- d-torso - Aki Corporation (17 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (14 views)