- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
Top Ads Today
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (90 views)
- Fukuoka Shoyu Co., Ltd. - Inheriting the tradition of the soy sauce brewing for over 100 years (60 views)
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (44 views)
- Unicharm Corporation - Manufacturing of Diapers, Feminine Hygiene and Pet Care Products (44 views)
- ITOCHU Corporation - One of the largest Japanese general trading company (42 views)
- Tanihata Co., Ltd. - "Kumiko" Japanese Traditional Woodcraft Technique (41 views)
- GROUND Inc. - Designs and Developing Cloud Based Logistics and Distribution System (38 views)
- Kyocera Communication Systems Co., Ltd. (25 views)
- Sysmex Corporation - Global Leader in Automated Hematology Diagnostics (19 views)
- ORITAEN CO., LTD. - Japanese Tea Manufacturer (17 views)