- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
Top Ads Today
- GROUND Inc. - Designs and Developing Cloud Based Logistics and Distribution System (33 views)
- OREC CO., LTD. - Agricultural Machineries and Gardening Machines (7 views)
- Noevir Holdings Co., Ltd. - Developing Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals and Health Foods (4 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (4 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (3 views)
- Nishikigoi Niigata Direct Co., Ltd. - Nishikigoi Breeder (3 views)
- Taniguchi Aoya Washi Co., Ltd. - Washi Manufacturer and Washi Products (3 views)
- Developing low-loss power devices - FLOSFIA Inc. (3 views)
- TDK Corporation - Electronic Components Manufacturer in Magnetic Technology (3 views)
- Ci:z Holdings Co., Ltd. - Providing Health and Beauty Inspired by Medical Expertise (3 views)