Japan’s top information service firm, Recruit Holdings, applying to Tokyo Stock Exchange. It’ll be largest initial public offering this year
- Listed: 07/07/2014 1:13 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
TSE reviewing Recruit’s application for listing
Date: Jul 7, 2014
Source: NHK World
One of Japan’s top information service firms, Recruit Holdings, has applied for listing on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. If approved, the deal would be the largest initial public offering this year, at over 10 billion dollars.
The Tokyo bourse has begun reviewing the application.
Recruit’s earnings tumbled after an insider trading scandal in the late 1980s. At that time, the firm gave unlisted shares of a subsidiary to business leaders and politicians.
But Recruit has turned around its operations. It strengthened its mainstay staffing business as well as information services on real estate and tourism.
In recent years, the firm acquired a major job search website in the United States.
The firm posted a record group-wide revenue of about 11.7 billion dollars for the year through March 2014.
Recruit’s IPO aims to further expand its overseas business. If the TSE’s screening goes smoothly, the deal will likely be approved by October.
26 Japanese companies went public in the first half of this year, amid the country’s economic recovery and stable stock prices. This was the most in 7 years.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (47 views)
- Precision System Science Co., Ltd. - Supporting Worldwide IVD Market (15 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (15 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (14 views)
- Tanaka Hydropower Co,. Ltd. - Cost Effective and High Quality Hydropower Solutions (12 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (12 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (11 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (10 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (10 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (9 views)