- Listed: 10/08/2013 12:51 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Fukushima food featured at London fair
Date: October 7, 2013
Source: The Japan News
LONDON (Jiji Press)—A Japanese group has promoted the safety of agricultural products grown in Fukushima Prefecture at an annual cultural event at Trafalgar Square in London.
The group, comprising people from Fukushima Prefecture living in London, set up a booth at the event, Japan Matsuri, and sold products from the prefecture such as rice, peaches, apple juice and Kitakata Ramen noodles in cooperation with Japan’s National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations on Saturday.
The project was intended to dispel concerns about Fukushima farm products after the nuclear accident at Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s disaster-crippled Fukushima No. 1 power plant in March 2011 and to issue a message to the international community about the safety of foods from the area.
Yoshio Mitsuyama, head of the group, said: “Trafalgar Square attracts tourists from around the world. We want to emphasize to the world from this place that agricultural products from Fukushima are safe.”
The booth drew the attention of many people including tourists. A 32-year-old Russian student said there seems to be no safety problem with Fukushima foods as they are tested for radiation.
Revenue from the farm product sales will be donated to a charity fund for Fukushima children affected by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
The annual festival, organized by Japanese living in Britain, started in 2009 to introduce Japanese culture to British people.
Last year’s festival attracted about 80,000 visitors.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Barasu: “To Expose” – Honda Super Cub 50 Standard Model motorcycle
- Aoyagi Corporation
- Integration Co., Ltd. – Kimukatsu – Japanese Pork Cutlets
- Suntory will be the World’s 3rd Largest Distilled Drinks Maker
- Ishikawa Wire Netting Co., Ltd. – Precision Sheet Metal & Wire Mesh
Top Ads Today
- Popular cosmetics "Komenuka Bijin" is born from brewing manufacturer "Nihonsakari" (16 views)
- Taisei Lamick Co., Ltd. - Manufacture of Packaging Films and Machinery for Food Products (7 views)
- 1st Entertainment Production Expo Tokyo & Content Creation and Delivery Solutions Expo (5 views)
- Nitto Construction Inc. - Concrete Test Hammer (5 views)
- Nitride Semiconductors Co., Ltd. - World First successful development and mass production of UV LEDs (4 views)
- Koushin Industry Inc. - Building Demolition and Recycling Service (4 views)
- Indium Plating - Good sealability, galling resistance and abrasion resistance (4 views)
- Dynax Corporation - Production of wet-type friction plates, reaction plates for vehicles and ships (4 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (4 views)
- Marutake Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Workshop of Japanese Traditional Armors (4 views)