- Listed: 05/22/2013 8:59 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
A US company headed by a Japanese man has won an award from the United States government.
Hiroyuki Fujita, the Chief Executive Officer of Quality Electrodynamics, received the President’s “E” Award in Washington. The company builds medical devices.
QUALITY ELECTRODYNAMICS RECEIVES PRESIDENTIAL AWARD FOR EXPORTS
WASHINGTON – U.S. Acting Secretary of Commerce Rebecca Blank today presented Quality Electrodynamics (QED) with the President’s “E” Award for Exports at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. The “E” Awards are the highest recognition any U.S. entity may receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of U.S. exports.
“We are immensely honored to receive the “E” Award for our achievement in exporting,” said Hiroyuki Fujita, Ph.D., QED’s President and CEO. “Our strategic relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) uniquely position us to export over 80% of our products and allow for us to provide quality jobs in advanced manufacturing and R&D. We look forward to continued growth of our business and the positive impact it has on our community.”
“I am delighted to be recognizing this year’s Presidential ‘E’ Award winners for their outstanding contributions to U.S. exports and congratulate QED on its outstanding export achievement,” said Acting Secretary Blank. “It is businesses like QED that are strengthening the economies of local communities, creating jobs, and contributing to the worldwide demand for ‘Made in the USA’ goods and services.”
QED is a global developer, manufacturer and supplier of advanced medical equipment electronics. Current products include cutting edge Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) radiofrequency (RF) antennas/coils for diagnostic imaging at the full range of magnetic field strengths. Most of these are FDA Class II noninvasive devices used for obtaining diagnostic images for various human anatomies. Several additional technologies serving the medical equipment sector such as a transplant organ viability imaging system are in development.
U.S. exports hit an all-time record of $2.2 trillion in 2012, and supported nearly 10 million American jobs. President Obama’s National Export Initiative, which aims to double U.S. exports by the end of 2014 and support an additional 2 million jobs in the United States, is opening new avenues for U.S. exporters through enhanced export assistance and a strengthened trade agenda that is targeting emerging markets and industry sectors across the globe.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (6 views)
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. - A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer (4 views)
- Milk and Dairy Products Manufacturer - Minami Nihon Rakuno Kyodo Co., Ltd. (3 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (2 views)
- Developed calculator in 1957, wristwatch in 1974 and musical instrument in 1986 - Casio Computer Co., Ltd. (2 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (2 views)
- Organic Potato Chips "Manna Chips" - Pure Seaweed & Salt to maximize its "UMAMI" (2 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (2 views)
- No.1 Airline Company in Japan - All Nippon Airways (ANA) (2 views)
- PMT Corporation Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of automation machines for jig tools, semiconductor, and precision molds (2 views)