- Company Name: Komatsu Cutting Factory
- State/Prefecture: Yamanashi
- City/Town/Village: Kofu
- Street: 1-11-20 Takara
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 400-0034
- Japan Office: Yamanashi Prefecture
- Website: http://www.facetedpearl.com/
- Listed: 06/18/2013 2:52 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
First-of-its-kind cutting technology enables creation of glamorous “Faceted Pearl”
Even though the cut surfaces are flat, they appear to expand outward like glistening bubbles. The mother-of-pearl shows through on the surfaces of these glamorous and beautiful masterpieces, which are named “Faceted Pearls.” These ever-evolving jewels make use of polishing techniques that have been developed over time and handed down from the first to second generation of Komatsu Cutting Factory. These works are the result of true craftsmanship, which is at the top level in the world.
“Faceted Pearls” are the world’s first cut pearls. Komatsu Cutting Factory has further enhanced the natural brilliance and beauty of pearls by utilizing its diamond cutting techniques.
Diamonds only shine once the raw stone has been polished, but pearls are naturally shiny. Komatsu has conducted extensive research to find how the human hand can make pearls even more beautiful, and the glamorous and mysteriously radiant Faceted Pearl was thus developed.
The founder and previous president of Komatsu Cutting Factory, Kazuo KOMATSU, was in the business of polishing diamonds. In the diamond industry, cutting techniques were carried out keeping the various jobs completely separate in order to prevent the overall process from being leaked to outsiders. Komatsu was seen as possessing good skills and integrity, so he was able to learn all of the processes. He was highly praised for his advanced skills. After establishing his own business, he used his remarkable skills to polish some of the greatest diamonds in the world. Komatsu has also cut various types of jewels aside from diamonds. In the cutting business, there has been increasing demand for low cost over quality, so the work has been flowing to Southeast Asia.
Cutting pearls: a difficult technique that no one had even considered
In order to overcome this situation, the previous president came up with the idea of cutting pearls. This was something that no one had ever tried before, and it was extremely difficult. Pearls grow when many thin layers of mother-of-pearl accumulate around a core. It is very difficult to cut a pearl while keeping the core invisible. Komatsu sought to do this by using techniques for polishing diamonds.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Sakamoto Urushi Manufacturing Co., Ltd. – Urushi Surface Manufacturing
- Sumita Optical Glass, Inc. – Optical Glass Manufacturing and R&D
- Kubo Industries Co., Ltd.
- Nissan develops the world’s first self-cleaning car coated in nano paint
- Fresh Aqua Japan Co., Ltd. – Packaged Drinking Water Manufacturer
Top Ads Today
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (23 views)
- Yuki Precision Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of precision machined parts (6 views)
- Marutake Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Workshop of Japanese Traditional Armors (4 views)
- Air Purifiers - Sharp's Plasmacluster (4 views)
- ISHIBASHI Manufacturing Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of Precision Gearbox and Wind Gearbox (4 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (4 views)
- TOYO Stainless Polish Industry - Metal Polishing & Buffing Services (4 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (4 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (4 views)
- IKK Inc. (3 views)