- Company Name: PENTAX RICOH IMAGING CO., LTD.
- City/Town/Village: Itabashi-ku
- Street: 2-35-7 Maenocho
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 174-8639
- Listed: 01/23/2013 2:00 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
O-GPS1 GPS UNIT
A handy GPS unit for digital SLR cameras, providing basic location data recording functions and a host of innovative, PENTAX-original applications for simple, effortless astronomical photography.
When mounted on the PENTAX K-5 or K-r camera body, the O-GPS1 provides the advanced ASTROTRACER function, which couples the unit with the camera’s SR (Shake Reduction) system for the effortless tracing and photographing of celestial bodies. The unit calculates the movement of stars and other objects using the latitude obtained from GPS data and the camera’s alignment data (horizontal and vertical inclinations and direction) obtained from the unit’s magnetic and acceleration sensors. It then shifts the camera’s image sensor in synchronization with the movement of these objects. This means that all celestial bodies are captured as solid points rather than blurry streaks, even during extended exposures. It also simplifies the astronomical photography setup, since it requires only a tripod and eliminates the need for an additional accessory such as an equatorial telescope.
This product was introduced to the NHK WORLD television.
Please check the TV program: Great Gear – Astrophotography Made Simple
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (44 views)
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (31 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (28 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (25 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (24 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (19 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (19 views)
- Seibu Giken Co.,Ltd. - We are the world leader in heat exchange for 30 years (19 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (16 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (15 views)