- Company Name: PENTAX RICOH IMAGING CO., LTD.
- City/Town/Village: Itabashi-ku
- Street: 2-35-7 Maenocho
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 174-8639
- Japan Office: Tokyo Prefecture
- Listed: 01/23/2013 2:00 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
O-GPS1 GPS UNIT
A handy GPS unit for digital SLR cameras, providing basic location data recording functions and a host of innovative, PENTAX-original applications for simple, effortless astronomical photography.
When mounted on the PENTAX K-5 or K-r camera body, the O-GPS1 provides the advanced ASTROTRACER function, which couples the unit with the camera’s SR (Shake Reduction) system for the effortless tracing and photographing of celestial bodies. The unit calculates the movement of stars and other objects using the latitude obtained from GPS data and the camera’s alignment data (horizontal and vertical inclinations and direction) obtained from the unit’s magnetic and acceleration sensors. It then shifts the camera’s image sensor in synchronization with the movement of these objects. This means that all celestial bodies are captured as solid points rather than blurry streaks, even during extended exposures. It also simplifies the astronomical photography setup, since it requires only a tripod and eliminates the need for an additional accessory such as an equatorial telescope.
This product was introduced to the NHK WORLD television.
Please check the TV program: Great Gear – Astrophotography Made Simple
1577 total views, 3 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- NISHIYAMA SHUZOJO CO., LTD. – Sake Manufacturer
- HYPER JAPAN 2013 July 26-28 Earls Court, London
- Sony’s EX-PC brand Vaio plans to offer at least 4 types of laptop include 2 new products in 2015
- InterOpto 2013 in YOKOHAMA JAPAN Oct 16-18
- Kimura Woodcraft Factory – Wooden Products Manufacturer