- Company Name: Roland DG Corporation
- State/Prefecture: Shizuoka
- City/Town/Village: Hamamatsu
- Street: 1-6-4 Shinmiyakoda, Kita-ku
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 431-2103
- Phone: +81-53-484-1201
- Website: http://www.rolanddg.com
- Contact: email@example.com
- Listed: 06/05/2014 9:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Roland DG Corporation is a worldwide leader in the sign, graphic arts, fine art, vehicle graphics, UV, photography, engraving and 3D modeling industries. Founded in 1981 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Roland DG is the world’s number one provider of wide-format inkjet printers for the durable graphics market. Roland DG is also affiliated with Roland Corporation, renowned in the music world for developing MIDI technology and for producing sophisticated digital music equipment including keyboard synthesizers, recording equipment and other related technologies.
Roland DG finds its technology roots in the music industry as well; the company’s advanced plotting technology was originally used to record the sound waves for Roland Corporation’s line of music synthesizers. This precision plotting technology quickly garnered widespread acceptance during the CAD/CAM revolution of the 1980s and provided the basis for new generations of digital input and output technologies to follow.
Within a few short years, Roland DG began introducing a wide variety of groundbreaking products including vinyl cutters, thermal transfer printer/cutters, wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters, 3D scanners and milling devices, and engravers. The products blazed new trails for entire industries and earned Roland DG a reputation for innovation, quality and reliability.
- Color (Wide-format Printers)
Our color business specializes in the production of wide-format industrial inkjet printers and printer/cutters, 30” wide and larger. We do not offer a line of desktop inkjet printers used in private homes and offices.
As mentioned above, one of the target markets for our wide-format inkjet printers is the signage market where professionals rely on them to produce a variety of outdoor and indoor display materials. Our standard models, known for their low price points and compact footprints, are designed for ease of use and implementation. Our UV printers introduced in 2008 cater to the broader printing market and are capturing the attention of industries and customers that we have not reached in the past, including companies that provide commercial printing and specialty printing services. While the target market for our color business currently still centers around the sign industry, our market reach has now extended into the overall printing industry.
- 3D (Input and Output Devices)
Our 3D business is centered around products that are used in many areas of manufacturing including 3D milling machines, laser scanners, engraving devices, and impact printers.
Our 3D product line includes 3D milling machines and engraving devices used to fabricate shapes from digital design data. This data can be generated on computers using CAD and graphics software and can also be developed using 3D laser scanners which capture the shapes of 3D objects as digital data. There are two core markets that we target for our 3D products: manufacturing and personalization. For manufacturing, our 3D milling machines and scanners are used to create product design prototypes and short-run parts based on digital data typically produced by the development and design departments of companies. They are also used to make jigs for various production processes. For the personalization market, our engravers and impact printers are used to customize accessories, jewelry and gift items by imprinting names and engraving designs. We recently introduced a specialized 3D milling machine for the dental market to expand the reach of our 3D business.
- Cutting Plotters
Our cutting division develops plotters that cut adhesive-backed vinyl and other media substrates into text, symbols and other graphic images.
Primary applications and markets
Roland cutting plotters are used to make a variety of display materials featuring single-color text and symbols, such as promotional signs, workplace signage, window displays and vehicle graphics. Our products constitute a staple among the fabrication tools used at sign companies and continue to be in solid demand as they enable users to make original stickers easily based on text and illustration data produced on a PC. We respond to our customers’ varying needs with an extensive line-up of products ranging from high-performance, wide-format professional models to compact, low-cost cutting plotters for personal use.
- Color Graphics/Signmaking Devices
- Vinyl Sign Cutte
- Prototyping/Modeling Machines
- 3D Scanners, Metal Printer
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (92 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (12 views)
- Pacific Engineering Corporation - 43% Share of Global Automotive Fuses Market (11 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (11 views)
- Kuraray Co., Ltd. - Chemicals, fibers and high performance material manufacturer (10 views)
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. - A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer (10 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (8 views)
- Nihon Genryo Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of water treatment product and systems (7 views)
- Seibu Giken Co.,Ltd. - We are the world leader in heat exchange for 30 years (7 views)
- Asano Fire-Retardant Lumber Co. Ltd. - CELL+FUNEN (6 views)