- Company Name: Roland DG Corporation
- State/Prefecture: Shizuoka
- City/Town/Village: Hamamatsu
- Street: 1-6-4 Shinmiyakoda, Kita-ku
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 431-2103
- Phone: +81-53-484-1201
- Website: http://www.rolanddg.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listed: 06/05/2014 9:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Roland DG Corporation is a worldwide leader in the sign, graphic arts, fine art, vehicle graphics, UV, photography, engraving and 3D modeling industries. Founded in 1981 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Roland DG is the world’s number one provider of wide-format inkjet printers for the durable graphics market. Roland DG is also affiliated with Roland Corporation, renowned in the music world for developing MIDI technology and for producing sophisticated digital music equipment including keyboard synthesizers, recording equipment and other related technologies.
Roland DG finds its technology roots in the music industry as well; the company’s advanced plotting technology was originally used to record the sound waves for Roland Corporation’s line of music synthesizers. This precision plotting technology quickly garnered widespread acceptance during the CAD/CAM revolution of the 1980s and provided the basis for new generations of digital input and output technologies to follow.
Within a few short years, Roland DG began introducing a wide variety of groundbreaking products including vinyl cutters, thermal transfer printer/cutters, wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters, 3D scanners and milling devices, and engravers. The products blazed new trails for entire industries and earned Roland DG a reputation for innovation, quality and reliability.
- Color (Wide-format Printers)
Our color business specializes in the production of wide-format industrial inkjet printers and printer/cutters, 30” wide and larger. We do not offer a line of desktop inkjet printers used in private homes and offices.
As mentioned above, one of the target markets for our wide-format inkjet printers is the signage market where professionals rely on them to produce a variety of outdoor and indoor display materials. Our standard models, known for their low price points and compact footprints, are designed for ease of use and implementation. Our UV printers introduced in 2008 cater to the broader printing market and are capturing the attention of industries and customers that we have not reached in the past, including companies that provide commercial printing and specialty printing services. While the target market for our color business currently still centers around the sign industry, our market reach has now extended into the overall printing industry.
- 3D (Input and Output Devices)
Our 3D business is centered around products that are used in many areas of manufacturing including 3D milling machines, laser scanners, engraving devices, and impact printers.
Our 3D product line includes 3D milling machines and engraving devices used to fabricate shapes from digital design data. This data can be generated on computers using CAD and graphics software and can also be developed using 3D laser scanners which capture the shapes of 3D objects as digital data. There are two core markets that we target for our 3D products: manufacturing and personalization. For manufacturing, our 3D milling machines and scanners are used to create product design prototypes and short-run parts based on digital data typically produced by the development and design departments of companies. They are also used to make jigs for various production processes. For the personalization market, our engravers and impact printers are used to customize accessories, jewelry and gift items by imprinting names and engraving designs. We recently introduced a specialized 3D milling machine for the dental market to expand the reach of our 3D business.
- Cutting Plotters
Our cutting division develops plotters that cut adhesive-backed vinyl and other media substrates into text, symbols and other graphic images.
Primary applications and markets
Roland cutting plotters are used to make a variety of display materials featuring single-color text and symbols, such as promotional signs, workplace signage, window displays and vehicle graphics. Our products constitute a staple among the fabrication tools used at sign companies and continue to be in solid demand as they enable users to make original stickers easily based on text and illustration data produced on a PC. We respond to our customers’ varying needs with an extensive line-up of products ranging from high-performance, wide-format professional models to compact, low-cost cutting plotters for personal use.
- Color Graphics/Signmaking Devices
- Vinyl Sign Cutte
- Prototyping/Modeling Machines
- 3D Scanners, Metal Printer
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Azuma Foods Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing high quality, safe and healthy food products
- Kao Corporation
- Akizuki Spa Ryokan “Seiryuan” – Relaxing on the beautiful Japanese garden
- Japanese High Grade Watermelon Sells for Over $3,500 USD
- Japan start drilling surveys for methane hydrate resources as next-gen energy
Top Ads Today
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (26 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (11 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (10 views)
- Over 600 Franchises Restaurants in Japan - Ringer Hut Co., Ltd. (9 views)
- Barasu: "To Expose" - Honda Super Cub 50 Standard Model motorcycle (8 views)
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (8 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (7 views)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (6 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (6 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (6 views)