- Listed: 12/27/2012 9:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Toshiba Launches Highly Sensitive 20MP BSI CMOS Image Sensor
Industry’s highest level resolution brings enhanced image quality to digital still cameras
Toshiba Corporation today announced that it will launch a new 20-megapixel (MP) CMOS image sensor, the TCM5115CL, as the latest addition to its sensor line-up for digital still cameras. TCM5115CL offers the industry’s highest resolution in the 1/2.3 inch optical format, using backside illumination technology (BSI) to improve sensitivity and imaging performance.
Sampling of the new sensor will begin at the end of January 2013 and mass production will follow in August 2013.
Continued advances in the resolution offered by compact digital cameras—now in the range of 10- to 16MP—have brought with them the challenge of improving performance and picture quality with smaller pixels. The TCM5115CL does just this by achieving a 15% improvement in full well capacity—the amount of charge an individual pixel can hold before saturating—against Toshiba’s previous generation 16MP sensor (pixel size = 1.34μm).
TCM5115CL is designed to meet the demands of high quality, fast frame rate image capture and HD video recording supporting smooth, slow motion playback, and delivers the high frame rates 60fps at 1080p and 100fps at 720p.
CMOS image sensors are the main product of Toshiba’s Analog and Imaging System business. The addition of the TCM5115CL to its CMOS sensor line-up for digital cameras will reinforce the business and support the company in securing its target of a 30% market share in 2015.
Part Number: TCM5115CL
Optical Format: 1/2.3 inch
Resolution: 20 megapixels
Pixel Size: 1.2 micrometers
Frame Rate: 30fps @ 20M pixel, RAW10 / 60fps @ 1080P / 100fps @ 720P
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba’s web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Information in the document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the press announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba Semiconductor & Storage Products Company
Koji Takahata, +81-3-3457-3405
Top Ads Today
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (7 views)
- Japanese Traditional Tableware Echizen Shikki (Lacquerware) - QTarou (5 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (5 views)
- I-Medex Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of bioelectrode products such as holter monitor electrodes (5 views)
- Takaoka Douki (Copperware) - Japanese Traditional Craft of Castings (5 views)
- Hotel Sonia Otaru - Located along the scenic Otaru Canal and equipped natural hot-spring bath (5 views)
- NTT DOCOMO Inc. - Japan's largest telecommunications company (5 views)
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - One of Japan’s leading pharmaceutical companies (5 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (4 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (4 views)