Sanford-Burnham and Daiichi Sankyo are teaming up with to develop drugs to fight the pandemic of cardiovascular-metabolic diseases
- Listed: 05/21/2014 2:42 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Sanford-Burnham, Japanese firm to study metabolic drugs
Date: May 20, 2014
Source: Orlando Sentinel – By Scott Powers
Scientists at Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute at Lake Nona are teaming up with a Japanese pharmaceutical company to develop drugs to fight the pandemic of cardiovascular-metabolic diseases that lead to heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, peripheral artery diseases and other killers.
Sanford-Burnham and Daiichi Sankyo Co. todayare announcing the new three-year research project.
The partners are not revealing the cash value of the deal, and Sanford-Burnham officials say that will be a floating number anyway, depending on where the research leads. The arrangement reflects the not-for-profit Sanford-Burnham’s emerging strategy to increase commercial partnerships, focusing on “open-innovation” work that could develop all-new medical therapies, rather than researching specific potential drugs.
The partners hope to develop medicines that could help fundamentally deter metabolic disorders.
“It actually is potentially extremely lucrative [for Sanford-Burnham] because it not only provides us with research dollars and collaborations toward drug discoveries, but it also gives us a potential [commercial drug] license,” said Leslie Molony, senior director of the Office of Technology Management and Commercialization at Sanford-Burnham Lake Nona.
The researchers will be screening molecules of proteins, enzymes and other biological chemicals to see which ones might be linked to metabolic disorders. Sanford-Burnham’s home lab in La Jolla, Calif., also will be involved.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Kyocera’s solar sales boosted by demand in Japan
- SHOEI CO., LTD – Touch Screen Panel Manufacturer
- Nano Micro Biz ROBOTECH 2013 July 3 – 5th
- Japanese New Generation Rocket “Epsilon-1″ Launched with Just Two Laptop Computers in a Pared-down Command Center
- Hyakushotai Corp – Miyazaki Agricultural Production
Top Ads Today
- Industrial Machinery & Equipment Supplier - Mutsuura Honten Co., Ltd. (34 views)
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. - A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer (33 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (29 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (20 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (18 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (18 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (18 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (17 views)
- Nitto Construction Inc. - Concrete Test Hammer (16 views)
- Parama-Tech Co., Ltd. - The World's First Automatic Sphygmomanometer (14 views)