- Company Name: Twinbird Corporation
- State/Prefecture: Niigata
- City/Town/Village: Tsubame
- Street: 2084-2 Nishiota Yoshida
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 959-0292
- Phone: +81-256-92-6173
- Website: http://fpsc.twinbird.jp/legacy/en/
- Listed: 06/20/2013 5:29 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
About FPSC (Free Piston Stirling Cooler)
Twinbird Corporation is producing a compact FPSC (Free Piston Stirling Cooler) after technical introduction by and ongoing collaboration with Global Cooling BV (The Netherlands, Research Center in Athens Ohio, USA; Principal Dr. David Berchowitz).
The FPSC is a Stirling heat pump that uses a small amount of helium gas as a heat transport medium, instead of standard refrigerants. The FPSC has an advantage, over traditional cooling systems, in energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. These advantages are accomplished using state of the art technology and by virtue of being Freon, CFC, HC and HFC free.
The FPSC has two major moving parts (piston and displacer) that oscillate in a linear motion along the same axis within a single cylinder which is installed in a stainless steel casing. The piston repeatedly compresses and expands the helium gas to cool the tip (cold head) of the extended part of the casing. By fixing a thermal load or secondary heat transport mechanism to the cold head, the FPSC can be used to cool an object down to a temperature between -50C and -80C within several minutes, depending on the load, at an ambient temperature condition of 25C.
- Environmentally Friendly
Helium (He) is a naturally occurring gas which is harmless to the human body, does not endanger the Ozone Layer and does not contribute to global warming. When Helium is used as a refrigerant, it can efficiently replace the current generation of environmentally harmful refrigerants.
- Super Cooling Capacity
The FPSC can easily reach a temperatures below -50C (On the Cold Head). This feat is extremely difficult to achieve with Rankine compressors, often requiring bulky cascade systems using multiple compressors. The FPSC has a high efficiency. It can be as much as 6 times higher than thermoelectric (Peltier) coolers.
: Coefficient of Performance (COP) as high as 1.1.
- Light Weight & Compact Size
FPSC Weight : 1.7Kg (less than half the weight of comparable compressors) The FPSC is suitable for use in small counter top freezers or portable refrigerators as well as special low temperature applications.
- Cooling Capacity & Temp. Control
The FPSC is continuously modulated by an electronic circuit, not by on/off cycling as in compressor systems. The control circuits supply only the power required to maintain a constant set temperature allowing for extremely precise temperature control, ideal for sensitive applications.
- Energy Saving
The FPSC uses less than 40W of electricity.The FPSC is compatible with various energy sources such as a 12VDC car battery, Photovoltaic (solar cells) or in-house generators as well as 110/220VAC electricity.
This product has been manufactured by Twinbird Corporation under license from Global Cooling BV. Twinbird’s license agreement with Global Cooling restrict the following fields of use, manufacture and sale.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (19 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (13 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (13 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (11 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (11 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (10 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (8 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (8 views)
- ChikuChiku Cafe (Hedgehog Home & Cafe) - Take a picture of lovely hedgehog! (7 views)
- Tanaka Hydropower Co,. Ltd. - Cost Effective and High Quality Hydropower Solutions (7 views)