- Listed: 07/13/2014 7:28 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Summer bonuses surge in Japan, led by manufacturers
Date: Jul 14, 2014
TOKYO — Summer bonuses paid by Japan’s major corporations are rising 8.48% on average from last year, with manufacturers leading the way with double-digit growth, according to a Nikkei Inc. survey.
Payouts across all industries averaged 793,849 yen ($7,754), based on responses from 581 leading companies for which comparisons with the previous year were possible. The increase surpasses the 7% growth marked in 1989 and 1990, at the height of the bubble economy.
The weaker yen and growing overseas operations have helped buoy manufacturers’ earnings, contributing to their 10.94% jump in bonuses this summer. All 17 sectors are handing out bigger bonuses than a year ago. By comparison, payouts shrank in seven sectors last summer.
Steelmakers topped this year’s list with bonuses growing 27.6%. Payouts for the precision machinery sector rose 15.44%, followed by automakers and their parts suppliers at 13.21%. Toyota, which posted a record net profit in fiscal 2013, is shelling out 1.37 million yen.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (38 views)
- Hand & Foot Bath Machine - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (18 views)
- Omron Corporation - A global leader in automation field such as sensing and control systems (16 views)
- Seamless knit boots & fashion pumps - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (15 views)
- NSK Ltd. - NSK Produced the First Ball Bearings Made in Japan (13 views)
- Shiseido - More than 145 years beauty skin care products history (12 views)
- Top Industrial Boiler Manufacturer in Japan - Miura Co., Ltd. (11 views)
- Japan's imaging technology leader - Seiko Epson Corporation (11 views)
- BOJ, Inc. - Japanese Travel Agency to Provide Japanese Traditional Culture (10 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (10 views)