- Listed: 07/13/2014 7:28 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Summer bonuses surge in Japan, led by manufacturers
Date: Jul 14, 2014
TOKYO — Summer bonuses paid by Japan’s major corporations are rising 8.48% on average from last year, with manufacturers leading the way with double-digit growth, according to a Nikkei Inc. survey.
Payouts across all industries averaged 793,849 yen ($7,754), based on responses from 581 leading companies for which comparisons with the previous year were possible. The increase surpasses the 7% growth marked in 1989 and 1990, at the height of the bubble economy.
The weaker yen and growing overseas operations have helped buoy manufacturers’ earnings, contributing to their 10.94% jump in bonuses this summer. All 17 sectors are handing out bigger bonuses than a year ago. By comparison, payouts shrank in seven sectors last summer.
Steelmakers topped this year’s list with bonuses growing 27.6%. Payouts for the precision machinery sector rose 15.44%, followed by automakers and their parts suppliers at 13.21%. Toyota, which posted a record net profit in fiscal 2013, is shelling out 1.37 million yen.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (53 views)
- Long-term deflationary spiral of Japan that lasted 20 years is about to end (19 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (18 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (15 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (12 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (11 views)
- Hand & Foot Bath Machine - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (10 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (10 views)
- OREC CO., LTD. - Agricultural Machineries and Gardening Machines (10 views)
- MUSCLE Corporation - Motion Control Systems Specialist (9 views)