- Listed: 06/28/2014 5:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
World Bank Kim optimistic about Abe’s “3rd arrow”
Date: Jun 29, 2014
Source: Jiji Press
WASHINGTON (Jiji Press)—World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has voiced optimism about the Japanese government’s growth strategy, which is the “third arrow” of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s three-pillar economic policy package called Abenomics.
Abe’s commitment to tackling “rock hard regulations” related to employment, agriculture and healthcare is a “very encouraging sign,” Kim said Friday in an interview with media organizations, including Jiji Press. “And so, we remain optimistic that he will be able to deliver on that third arrow,” Kim said, pinning high hopes on the growth strategy, which was updated on Tuesday.
Kim also said consumer spending in Japan will regain strength by around September after weakening due to the consumption tax hike to 8 percent from 5 percent in April. “We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover,” he observed.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (23 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (15 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (12 views)
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (12 views)
- Sumiya Bunjiro Brewery Co., Ltd. - The Brewer of Sanshu Mikawa Mirin (7 views)
- D&M Holdings Inc. (6 views)
- Japanese automakers stepping up sales of assistive vehicles (6 views)
- Nakamura Brace Co. Ltd. - Orthotics and Prosthetics Manufacturer (5 views)
- Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Japan's largest clothing company and own several Japanese clothing brands (4 views)
- Prime Polymer Co., Ltd. (4 views)