- Listed: 06/28/2014 5:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
World Bank Kim optimistic about Abe’s “3rd arrow”
Date: Jun 29, 2014
Source: Jiji Press
WASHINGTON (Jiji Press)—World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has voiced optimism about the Japanese government’s growth strategy, which is the “third arrow” of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s three-pillar economic policy package called Abenomics.
Abe’s commitment to tackling “rock hard regulations” related to employment, agriculture and healthcare is a “very encouraging sign,” Kim said Friday in an interview with media organizations, including Jiji Press. “And so, we remain optimistic that he will be able to deliver on that third arrow,” Kim said, pinning high hopes on the growth strategy, which was updated on Tuesday.
Kim also said consumer spending in Japan will regain strength by around September after weakening due to the consumption tax hike to 8 percent from 5 percent in April. “We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover,” he observed.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (11 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (9 views)
- OREC CO., LTD. - Agricultural Machineries and Gardening Machines (8 views)
- Japan's Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso will support infrastructure in Asia for stimulating economy (7 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (6 views)
- Taisei Plas Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of blow molding products for automobile (6 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (6 views)
- ONEX Corporation - Metal Heat Treatment, Processing and Metal Remediation Services (5 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (4 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (4 views)