Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso will support infrastructure in Asia for stimulating economy
- Listed: 05/05/2014 8:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Aso: Japan to help upgrade infrastructure in Asia
Date: May 4, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso has stressed the country’s willingness to help improve infrastructure in Asia and stimulate growth in the region.
Aso, who is also Finance Minister, spoke to the annual general meeting of the Asian Development Bank that opened in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on Sunday.
Finance ministers and other officials from 67 countries and territories are taking part.
Aso suggested that infrastructure such as roads and power plants form the foundation for growth and that upgraded infrastructure is needed if developing countries in Asia are to unleash their potential.
He said Japan will fully mobilize not only financial power but also technological expertise, knowledge and experience to meet the enormous demand for infrastructure in the region.
He also suggested that the ADB should hold its 50th general conference in Japan in 2017.
Aso told reporters that a decrease in external demand is having a negative impact on Japan’s economy.
He added that stable growth among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will also benefit Japan.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (40 views)
- Taisei Plas Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of blow molding products for automobile (39 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (34 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (26 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (24 views)
- Choshu Industry Co., Ltd. - Solar Power Systems and Semiconductor Products (21 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (16 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (14 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (13 views)
- ONEX Corporation - Metal Heat Treatment, Processing and Metal Remediation Services (13 views)