- Listed: 05/05/2014 8:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Aso: Japan to help upgrade infrastructure in Asia
Date: May 4, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso has stressed the country’s willingness to help improve infrastructure in Asia and stimulate growth in the region.
Aso, who is also Finance Minister, spoke to the annual general meeting of the Asian Development Bank that opened in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on Sunday.
Finance ministers and other officials from 67 countries and territories are taking part.
Aso suggested that infrastructure such as roads and power plants form the foundation for growth and that upgraded infrastructure is needed if developing countries in Asia are to unleash their potential.
He said Japan will fully mobilize not only financial power but also technological expertise, knowledge and experience to meet the enormous demand for infrastructure in the region.
He also suggested that the ADB should hold its 50th general conference in Japan in 2017.
Aso told reporters that a decrease in external demand is having a negative impact on Japan’s economy.
He added that stable growth among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will also benefit Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (66 views)
- Japanese Infrastructure company - Hitachi Zosen Corporation (34 views)
- Tanihata Co., Ltd. - "Kumiko" Japanese Traditional Woodcraft Technique (12 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (11 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (10 views)
- Kowa Company, Ltd. - Global enterprise with more than a 120 year history (9 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (9 views)
- Mandom Corporation - Founded 1927, develop and sell Japanese cosmetics (8 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (8 views)
- THINK OF THINGS - Pop-up Store of KOKUYO stationery and office supplies (8 views)