- Listed: 05/05/2014 8:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Aso: Japan to help upgrade infrastructure in Asia
Date: May 4, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso has stressed the country’s willingness to help improve infrastructure in Asia and stimulate growth in the region.
Aso, who is also Finance Minister, spoke to the annual general meeting of the Asian Development Bank that opened in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on Sunday.
Finance ministers and other officials from 67 countries and territories are taking part.
Aso suggested that infrastructure such as roads and power plants form the foundation for growth and that upgraded infrastructure is needed if developing countries in Asia are to unleash their potential.
He said Japan will fully mobilize not only financial power but also technological expertise, knowledge and experience to meet the enormous demand for infrastructure in the region.
He also suggested that the ADB should hold its 50th general conference in Japan in 2017.
Aso told reporters that a decrease in external demand is having a negative impact on Japan’s economy.
He added that stable growth among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will also benefit Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (18 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (12 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (12 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (10 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (9 views)
- Seiko Coffee Co., Ltd. - We deliver fresh roasted coffee from Japan (9 views)
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Top 3 Pharmaceutical Companies in Japan (7 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (7 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (7 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (7 views)