- Company Name: Oriental Carpet Mills
- State/Prefecture: Yamagata
- City/Town/Village: Higashimurayama
- Street: 21 Oazayamanobe Yamanobemachi
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 990-0301
- Website: http://www.oriental-carpet.jp/e/
- Listed: 06/04/2013 1:43 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
In 1935, Oriental Carpet Mills. Co.ltd was established. We invited seven craftsmen from China, and introduced a hand made carpet craft into a small city in northern Japan, Yamanobe, where has a history in textile industry. Since then, we have been producing high quality hand made carpets and rugs featuring Japanese sense of beauty. Our products have been supplied to various clients in a range from individual households to huge construction sites designed by famous architects. Our factory is more like an artisan’s studio; all of the processes including procurement, spinning, designing, dying and weaving are done by ourselves. Therefore our quality control is complete and reliable throughout entire process. We also regard after-sales services as very important factor to satisfy our customers. Looking back on the mass-production oriented times, we become aware that our philosophy of production, being faithful, is absolutely what is wanted by consumers of nowadays and future. We’ll make further efforts to supply genuine products which will be loved/attached and used for long time.
- Hand Woven Rug:
Our production process starts from wool spinning. After design process is done, we dye the yarn accordingly and pass them to artisans. Artisans weave rug choosing the colored yearn which is suitable for the color used in the original picture one by one weave. Once it is finished, we mercerize them in order to add graceful sheen and smooth feel, and thus our unique quality rugs are completed.
- Hand Crafted Rug:
Using the same wool yarn, which is used for hand-woven rug, our artisan insert yarn to blank canvas manually. The special tool is used, however, color, length and density of yarn is selected and controlled by our artisans’ hand. This method enable to produce various kids of rugs, such as high-density rugs that is similar to our hand-woven products, and thick carpet with long pile.
- Axminster Carpet:
This is a kind of machine-made carpet. By changing the density in length and breadth, very high density carpet is able to be produced. The most distinctive feature is that 12 colors can be woven at the same time. The weaving machine is computerized, thus very diverse patterns can be realized.
- Tufted Carpet:
This is different from both Wilton and Axminster carpets. Tufted carpet is made by inserting pile onto synthetic fiber cloth. We have several weaving machines with different capabilities. We use them according to the pattern, number of colors etc. An unique expression is created by controlling the combination of loop pile and cut pile, the transformation of the length of pile. Mainly Tufted carpet is used in guest rooms of hotels.
- Drop cartains fo halls:
Using the wool yarn, which is used for hand woven carpets, this huge and thick drop curtains looks like a real paintings, owing to our high-skills in analysis of the colors used in the original paintings.
Using the wool yarn, which is used for hand woven carpets, we produce various kinds of artistic tapestry made of wool yarn. Some pieces look like real paintings, some pieces look like modern art. These tapestry put an artistic expression on the wall.
- Woven Paintings:
Original paintings are re-produced by wool yarn using handwoven method. Because the surface is consists of numberless cut ends of yarn, the color quality and texture are very elaborate and unique. The beauty of the original paintings is appealed in a different way of smooth wool texture.
- Spinning into yarn:
We procure various kinds of wool from all over the world. We blend those wools which has specific characteristics such as straightness, elasticity, and flexibility, depending on their usage.
Durably dyed against washing. Light resistance, wear resistance, and washing effect are tested by the latest equipments. This is why we can use numberless colors in a very subtle differences.
Our tradition of weaving has been created by trial-and-error since our establishment of 1935. We keep on adding innovative techniques in order to improve appearance of subtle transition of colors and very fine lines of our products.
Elegant sheen and smooth touch of our products is developed by brushing the finished carpets/rug soaked in chemical liquid. This is called Mercerizing. Only the combination of high-quality wool, durable dyeing, and skilled artisan can make it possible to be borne this process.
Top Ads Today
- Matte Gold Plating - Good corrosion resistant, low electrical resistivity and good bondability (6 views)
- Kansai Paint Co., Ltd. - One of the 10 biggest paint manufacturers in the world (5 views)
- Takaoka Lacquerware - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (5 views)
- Mitsuya Co., Ltd. – Providing the plating and finishing services since 1931 (5 views)
- Kawamura Sangyo Co. Ltd., - Slitting Services for Medical, Automotive, Electronic, Food and Other Applications (4 views)
- Gold-Tin Alloy Plating - Good joint strength and good thermal conductivity (4 views)
- Rhodium Plating - Strong wear resistance, high surface hardness and low contact resistance (4 views)
- TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. - Traditional Craftwork "Tamamushi Lacquerware" (4 views)
- Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Surface coatings with using Japanese traditional Shikkui (4 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (4 views)