TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. is a lacquerware manufacturer founded in Sendai city, Miyagi in 1933. Since its inauguration, TOHOKU KOGEI has valued its unique spirit of manufacturing which is to make “not only ornamental but useful craftwork”.
Our craftwork is not “ornament”, its quality lies in its “usefulness”. As the only maker that succeeds the lacquering skills of Sendai-born “Tamamushi lacqurerware”, we have developed products considering the colours, designs and price ranges that meet the current lifestyles.
“Tamamushi lacquerware” was designated as the “traditional craftwork” of Miyagi prefecture in 1985. But we had not worked for the “traditional” title since the beginning. Rather, we have come this far diligently seeking for the current needs of the people in Sendai, sticking to handwork and down to earth business. That, as a result, lead to the recognition of “traditional craftwork”.
“Tamamushi lacquerware” is a Sendai-born urushi lacquerware that features captivating colours and gloss that reflects light. It was named “Tamamushi (jewel beetle)” since the beautiful colours that change its tones according to the degree of light resembles the wings of the jewel beetle.
TOHOKU KOGEI currently produces a wide range of products such as stationary and tableware handy for use in various places and situations, while producing gifts, souvenirs and articles presented to the Japanese Imperial royal family representing the traditional craftwork of Sendai.
Beautifully and carefully finished “Tamamushi lacquerware” tableware that adds brightness to your table, bringing you delight as you use them daily.
Stylish interior produced by the skilful craftsmen that perfectly matches your current lifestyle.
Feel the warmth of handwork in utilities you handle daily. Stationaries that hold beautifulness and functionality at the same time.
Top Ads Today
- Matte Gold Plating - Good corrosion resistant, low electrical resistivity and good bondability (6 views)
- Kansai Paint Co., Ltd. - One of the 10 biggest paint manufacturers in the world (5 views)
- Takaoka Lacquerware - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (5 views)
- Mitsuya Co., Ltd. – Providing the plating and finishing services since 1931 (5 views)
- Kawamura Sangyo Co. Ltd., - Slitting Services for Medical, Automotive, Electronic, Food and Other Applications (4 views)
- Gold-Tin Alloy Plating - Good joint strength and good thermal conductivity (4 views)
- Rhodium Plating - Strong wear resistance, high surface hardness and low contact resistance (4 views)
- TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. - Traditional Craftwork "Tamamushi Lacquerware" (4 views)
- Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Surface coatings with using Japanese traditional Shikkui (4 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (4 views)